Atom Learning, one of the UK’s fastest growing education technology startups, is hiring a Curriculum Lead.
Atom Learning is an online learning platform that is making education fairer. We want to provide all children whatever their background and wherever they are in the world with an affordable, high-quality education. To achieve our goal, we are combining exceptional teacher-made content with machine learning to keep students on their optimal learning paths.
Atom Learning is growing rapidly with hundreds of schools in the UK and abroad using the platform and thousands of independent subscribers. We have partnered with one of the largest global publishing houses with distribution into thousands of schools in the UK and abroad; we are in talks with national governments to develop their digital learning strategies; and we’re just getting started!
We are ranked one of the UK’s top 100 startups by Startups100, are a finalist for the AI Award in the Lloyds Bank Business Awards, won the Best AI-based Solution for Education in the AI Breakthrough Awards, were a finalist in the Education Investor awards 2018 and Amazon Growing Business Awards 2018 as Young Company of the Year.
Atom Learning is looking for a Curriculum Lead to join the team at our offices in Soho. The Curriculum Lead will lead the design and creation of all teaching and testing materials on the Atom Learning platform, managing the content creation team at Atom Learning, a large number of freelancers and working directly with the founders of the company. The Curriculum Lead will have a vitally important role in the company: no matter how sophisticated the technology is, the success of the product will always hinge on the quality of the teaching and testing materials; ultimately, it is what teachers and students will directly experience, and will always have the greatest impact on student academic progress and engagement.
- You will lead and grow the content creation team at Atom Learning, overseeing the syllabuses of all Atom Learning’s courses and the production of all practice questions, video and text based teaching materials.
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing new courses onto the platform in a timely manner, ensuring that all content is of exceptional quality.
- You will be responsible for monitoring the quality of existing content and updating it where appropriate.
- You will maintain dialogue with partner schools and teachers to get feedback on the quality of education materials on the Atom Learning platform.
- You will work with videographers and graphic designers to make aesthetically appealing and engaging teaching materials for children.
- You will work with freelance teachers to ensure that they produce content for the platform that ascribes to up-to-date teaching methodologies.
- You will develop an efficient, repeatable and scalable production line from designing a new syllabus through to building practice questions, videos and text based resources. This process will be replicated as Atom Learning expands rapidly into new year groups, subjects and geographies.
- Extreme attention to detail and excellent written English;
- Excellent time management and project management skills;
- Teaching or tuition experience;
- Knowledge of KS2 curricula; and
- A love of education and an interest in pedagogy.
What we offer:
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays;
- Competitive pay;
- Full auto-enrolment workplace pension;
- High degree of autonomy and exposure to the running of all business areas of a successful start up;
- The opportunity to become an integral member of a fast growing technology company;
- Frequent team dinners and drinks;
- An office on Dean Street, Soho.