At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we are building quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We are developing a cloud-based quantum computer service – Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to help our customers improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is currently composed of 15 people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, and software development. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and build technology for practical applications.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP Technology will be the primary focal point for ensuring the implementation of OQC’s Technology Roadmap. The VP Technology will collaborate closely with the VP Software to direct OQC’s technology strategy, and will manage or co-manage the Heads of Classical Hardware, Quantum Hardware and Systems Integration to ensure timely delivery of products.
The VP Technology will ensure we maximise customer satisfaction and drive revenue and margin growth, in particular by leading our efforts in the launch of our QCaaS platform, including through the development of Strategic Partnerships.
We are looking for an exemplary leader who has proven expertise in deep technologies (quantum computing a bonus), as well as strategic thinking and excellent business acumen.
- Ensure the coherent development of OQC Technology Roadmap and in particular QCaaS, including by ensuring successful/timely compliance and certification.
- Analyse R&D customer experiments and evangelise OQC technology.
- Establish processes for OQC hardware & lab work to an industrial standard.
- Engage with the company Executive Team on technology strategic and operational matters, influencing the overall technical and commercial direction of the company.
- Support the development of OQC’s IP strategy.
- Maintain and foster a collaborative but challenging work environment.
- Manage or co-manage the Heads of Quantum Hardware, Classical Hardware and Systems Integration, overseeing their annual review process, supporting them in their career development and assisting them in managing and recruiting within their teams.
Budget and operational processes
- Monitor the technology-related budget to ensure expenditure is aligned with allocations. Address budget variances that may occur.
- Ensure OQC’s product development and R&D processes and operations are formally established, followed and reported throughout the organisation.
- Develop supply chain, manufacturing and quality management processes.
Work with the Executive Team to support the development of Strategic Partnerships by:
- Helping identify potential Partners, Customers and Contractors.
- Supporting and contributing to meetings and presentations (incl. conferences, exhibitions or other sales and marketing activities).
- Ensuring that as Strategic Partnerships arise, their requirements are appropriately reflected in our business and technology strategies.
- Develop and take strategic partnership decisions in regard to OQC’s technology development.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Extensive professional experience in deep tech (quantum computing a bonus).
- Deep understanding of the engineering systems product design, development process and compliance requirements for engineering, environmental, security, reliability and other relevant engineering standards.
- Experience in a large, high tech, complex environment and / or in a startup environment.
- In-depth understanding of the target markets, trends and developments, and how these relate to OQC’s growth and strategy.
- Ability to rapidly gain an in-depth understanding of the commercial and technical aspects of wider OQC business.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, working well under pressure.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and resource management skills, including the ability to listen effectively, with an approach focussed on energising and motivating teams and deliver within the OQC culture.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
- Strong self-awareness, and a capacity to reflect on your own practice and implement changes from lessons learnt.
- Relevant Masters Degree or equivalent experience. Higher degree advantageous.
Please send us a cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!