We are looking for someone to join our small, close knit team to help us understand the data we generate every day, to make better decisions faster. You will bring experience pulling insights out of multiple datasets, ideally in other healthcare businesses, and a self-motivated, proactive style. You will be responsible for analysing data for different teams in the company to enable them to make smart decisions with deep insights; proactively getting the right pieces of data for your colleagues. This will include timely reviews of different aspects of the business as well as ad-hoc analysis.
About Ampersand Health
We are a social purpose company, focused on improving the health and happiness of people living with long term conditions. Working alongside world-renowned researchers, clinicians and patient groups, we are developing groundbreaking digital medicines for patients with inflammatory conditions, using deep clinical insights and cutting edge behavioural science techniques.
Our apps are designed to improve patients’ mental and physical health and quality of life using courses to help address their stress management, medicine adherence, sleep quality, relationships and more; with courses for food choices and flare management in development.
We were selected by NHSX and DHSC to be part of Techforce 19, the NHS’s digital-first response to Covid 19. The company was also selected for the Digital Health 100, the NHS’s DigitalHealth.London accelerator and PWC’s Scale Health; and has won awards from Innovate UK, the Health Service Journal and Design 100.
Your role will be to own the data processes, analytics and insights within the company, enabling the team to make better, data-driven decisions faster. Ampersand Health creates digital health mobile applications, so you will provide insights around the impact on patients’ health through aggregated, anonymous clinical data, as well as analysing business KPIs around conversion and engagement.
You will work in the domains of product analytics, performance analytics, business and user analytics, as well as general research analytics for specific topics relevant to the business. You will be required to understand both the business and the clinical data our patients input to provide deeper insights to the team about how patients are managing and improving their health and conditions using our technologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being accountable for the company’s analytics and insights; being the voice for data in the company, championing making data-driven decisions
- Analysing data for different teams in the company to enable them to make smart decisions with deep insights; proactively getting the right pieces of data for your colleagues. This will include timely reviews of different aspects of the business as well as ad-hoc analysis
- Combining analytical insights with data gathered from interviews and workshops to support decisions taken, supporting the team with best practices around these two data types
- Using statistical methods and forecasting to find significant patterns in data to guide future decisions
- Managing data processes: planning, executing and maintaining data processes for the secure storage of data and information assets. Flagging where new systems would be required, with appropriate appraisal of impact vs effort
- Aggregating data across the business: compiling information from multiple data sources to prepare combined datasets for data processing
- Being responsible for data quality and accuracy in our systems, checking and cleansing data
The skills we are looking for include:
- You will be comfortable working in Google Sheets, Docs and Slides
- Experience writing SQL queries, and tech literate - comfortable asking questions where you don’t have the skills to understand a problem
- Working in large data sets, running statistical analyses and pulling insights from data
- Creating documents and presentations to share information with the wider team and other stakeholders
- [bonus] we use tools such as Adjust, Google Analytics, Firebase, RevenueCat and have our own data held in AWS; the ability to join these systems up (and others as we add them) through coded or integration services would be very valuable
- [bonus] you have experience in predictive analytics and can bring your understanding of that field to further boost our insights
You will be:
- A team player: no job is too small for you, you understand that your role goes beyond the job description in a small growing startup with big ambitions
- Fast learner: able to pick up new concepts quickly, eager to learn
- Self-motivated: strong work ethic, comfortable being accountable for complex tasks and delivering quality work to tight deadlines
- Organised: able to plan, structure and communicate to deliver discrete projects and keep on top of your workload independently
- Able to work independently, comfortable in large datasets, but switch easily to consulting with the teams to understand their requirements and educate them about the data they have available
You will have:
- Spent the last 1-4 years working in a data heavy role within a startup, corporate or professional services firm. Ideally, you will have worked in a small-team environment and understand the nature of fast growing companies, where everyone pitches in
- Worked in a healthcare setting as a data informatician, providing insights on healthcare data to clinicians
- [bonus] worked in a startup that has raised venture financing
- Studied a numerate degree at a top university
- If you don’t fit these criteria, please make sure you cover why you think you are the right candidate for the role in your covering letter
Note: we are open to this being a full or part time role.
Why Ampersand Health?
We are a young, dynamic startup in the digital health space, with a team who are all-in on our purpose. You’ll be joining a team of motivated people working on a mission to improve patients’ health. We’re a sociable, easy-going bunch, who support each other through the challenges of our work. As a small company, you’ll get to know all your colleagues well. In addition, we offer:
- Company pension scheme
- 24 days annual leave
- Employee share option scheme
- We are mostly a remote business, where people choose their place of work. We have a small central London office where you are welcome to work. We are also open to flexible working - if this is important to you, please ask us during your interview