We've launched a world-leading personalised nutrition and wellness brand for cats and their cat parents.
We are revolutionising how parents feed cats by bringing to market for the first time in Europe, fresh, personalised and species appropriate food pouches. We're leveraging the best possible US nutrition expertise available, and using technology for in-house production and personalisation, to create the best possible food for cats.
Global cat food is a $34 billion industry and the fastest growing segment within pet food. $8 billion premium spend which is increasing 1 percentage point year-on-year in the UK, driven by both the humanisation of pets and owners' own desire for fresh, all-natural foods.
We're at the start of a very exciting journey. After spending ten months developing our concept and product, we launched in January. Cat parents love KatKin (see the KatKin's FB and Insta pages, and our Trustpilot reviews) and we're backed with a $1M angel round from some of Europe's top VC's personally and angels.
This is an opportunity to get in at ground zero in a wide-open market and fast growth business - to join as KatKin's third Customer Champion and work on a small, ambitious team.
You'll have as much responsibility, ownership and autonomy as you can manage.
You will be the eyes and ears of KatKin, talking to our cat parents (and prospective new customers) daily and coming up with ways to ensure they are educated and delighted with KatKin's product and service. You will play an instrumental role in ensuring our customer retention remains high as we continue to grow, by being a face and voice to KatKin parents across multiple channels including social media, live chat, phone and email. You'll have an opportunity to share and celebrate their joys, support their journey with us, and rectify any problems that come up.
With a role on the frontline, you play a vital role in feeding back what parents are saying to all areas of the business including Operations, Tech, Brand & Marketing. Most importantly, as KatKin's third Customer Champion hire, you'll have an impact from day 1 and scope to shape the future of KatKin!
Who you are:
- You're a cat parent and view them as a member of the family
- You've got hustle and you’re made of grit
- You're an excellent communicator both written and verbal
- You can work independently as well as part of a team
- You're kind, empathetic, caring and love to help people
- You are a keen problem-solver
- You act with integrity, transparency, directness and humility
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Zendesk, Shopify, Hootsuite, Infusionsoft and/or Klaviyo will help you hit the ground running
- You've previously worked in a D2C customer service role
- You’ve worked closely with other teams in the business (such as Tech and Operations) to resolve problems with the product, website or delivery ect.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, starting from £23,000 per year (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday (pro-rated)
- Small close-knit team
- 50% KatKin employee discount
** Please note your application will not be considered if you do not answer the below questions when submitting your CV**
Send us your CV and very brief sentences on -
- The favourite thing about your cat.
- Example of a moment of conflict with a customer and how you resolved this.
- Example of something you hustled on to get done.
- What are your blind spots? As told by the person closest to you.
- Tell us anything about the cat or pet food space you find interesting.
- What brand has delighted you the most and how did they do it!?
- Which DTC brands do you regularly purchase? Any favourites?