Customer Champion (working directly with Co-Founder)
We've launched a world-leading personalised nutrition and wellness brand for cats and their parents.
We are revolutionising how parents feed cats by bringing to market for the first time in Europe, a fresh, personalised and species appropriate nutrition. We're leveraging the best possible US nutrition expertise available, and using technology for in-house production and personalisation, to create the best possible food for cats.
Global cat food is a $34 billion and the fastest growing segment within pet food. $8 billion premium spend which is increasing 1 percentage point year-on-year in the UK, driven by both the humanisation of pets and owners' own desire for fresh, all-natural foods.
Despite the rise of fresh pet food, particularly in the US where the concept is well proven by NomNom, Farmer's Dog and MyOllie, cats have been left behind by new entrants. This is nothing new - cats continue to be the industry underdog as legacy FMCG companies have never formulated cat food for cats as obligate carnivores despite it being an absolute biological necessity.
We're at the start of a very exciting journey. After spending ten months developing our concept and product, we launched in January. Cat parents love KatKin (see the KatKin's FB and Insta pages, and our Trustpilot reviews) and we're backed with a $1M angel round from some of Europe's top VC's personally and angels.
This is an opportunity to get in at ground zero in a wide-open market and fast growth business - to join as KatKin's third Customer Champion and work on a small team and directly with the Co-Founders.
You'll have as much responsibility, ownership and autonomy as you can manage, and in quick time could also be responsible for helping to grow the Customer Champion team as we scale.
You will be the eyes and ears of KatKin, talking to our cat parents (and prospective new customers) daily and coming up with ways to ensure they are educated and delighted with KatKin's product and service. You will play an instrumental role in ensuring our customer retention remains high as we continue to grow, by being a face and voice to KatKin parents across multiple channels including social media, live chat, phone and email. You'll have an opportunity to share and celebrate their joys, and support and rectify any problems they have.
As the eyes and ears, you play a vital role in feeding back what parents are saying to all areas of the business including Operations, Tech, Brand & Marketing. Importantly, as KatKin's third Customer Champion hire, you'll be working on a small close-knit team and directly with two Co-Founders to devise clever ways to deliver KatKin messages and education to more cat parents, both customers and new leads.
As long as you can use MS office software and/or Google G Suite, you can learn the rest. Any experience with Zendesk, Shopify, Hootisuite, Infusionsoft and/or Klaviyo will help you hit the ground running.
Who You Are
- You're a cat parent and view them as a member of the family
- You've got hustle and are made of grit - to get stuff done
- You're kind, empathetic, caring and love to help people - importantly being able to convey empathy in written form to help with conflict resolution when needed
- You've previously worked in a D2C customer service role speaking to customers, as well as working closely with other teams in the business (such as Tech and Operations) to resolve problems with the product, website or delivery ect.
- You're an excellent communicator, both when speaking and writing in english and have experience across multiple channels including social media, phone and email
- Team fit is important: integrity, transparency and directness, attention-to-detail and humility
- You want to get in on something on day zero - to change, create and build something
What we offer
- Competitive salary, starting from £23,000 per year (depending on experience)
- Meaningful equity
- Small close-knit team
- KatKin employee discount
Send us your CV and seven very brief sentences on -
- The favourite thing about your cat.
- Example of a moment of conflict with a customer and how you resolved this.
- Example of something you hustled on to get done.
- What are your blind spots? As told by the person closest to you.
- Tell us anything about the cat or pet food space you find interesting.
- What brand has delighted you the most and how did they do it!?
- Which DTC brands do you regularly purchase? Any favourites?
Please note your application will not be considered if you do not answer the above 7 questions.