Are you a backend developer who wants to get in on the ground floor of a legal tech startup seeking to use technology and AI to radically expand access to justice?
We are looking for a mid-level backend developer to play a crucial role in bringing our vision to market. If you thrive on rapid innovation, working in a motivated, positive and tight knit team, and the freedom to use all of your skills and knowledge to succeed, then we would love to hear from you.
Monaco Solicitors is not only a highly accomplished law firm, with legal work extensively featured in national media, but we are also leading the charge of tech disrupting the employment law sector.
You’ll be working with a dynamic team, enjoying innovation and problem solving. We use tech and the internet to help the average worker learn how to implement their rights, with or without a lawyer.
As such, we have a tech team of 3 in-house developers and one data scientist, plus a designer. We also prioritise health and wellness.
Automating the work of the tech team and the legal team to increase our efficiency as a firm.
Integrating neural networks developed by our data science team with a greenfield front end to produce a market leading, claimant facing legal tech product.
Using your knowledge and experience to propose novel ways we can use technology to achieve our vision of opening up access to justice to all.
Day to day this will mean: understanding the roadmap of the data science team and creating the technical wrapper around their models, creating and updating lambdas that automate and link our systems together, writing automated tests, and (because we are a small team) picking up tasks that you might be unfamiliar with and getting stuck in.
Node js, React
Github, CircleCI, Serverless
Tensorflow, Spacy, NLTK
AWS (Lambda, EC2, S3, Cloudwatch)
Wordpress (main website)
Docassemble & Community Lawyer
- Strong experience of integration (primarily REST).
- Experience of working with AWS.
- Strong understanding of development best practices and an appetite for constantly improving the way we work.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Rapid prototyping & iteration
Nice to have:
- Interest in helping people to access justice
- Legal sector / legal tech experience (getting arrested doesn’t count :-) )
- Experience of / an interest in machine learning
- We’re a small team, so if you have some experience of PHP, Wordpress, React, Python that would be helpful
- Experience working in a startup environment (small team, Scrum + Jira)
- Project / scrum management
- Competitive salary
- Copious home working
- Unique office space, with cafes, bars and food places in the same building
- Gym membership
- Onsite yoga classes, table football and table tennis
- Social gatherings and a collaborative environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Making a tangible difference in the world
We are based in the creative hub of Peckham Levels, a 1 minute walk from Peckham Rye station, which is 9 minutes by train from London Bridge, 15 minutes from Victoria & Clapham Junction, and 24 minutes from St Pancras.
Job Type: Full-time employed, but would consider self employed for the right candidate.
Salary: £40-60k depending on experience.