Intro / About YOVI
Looking to develop your career in tech and a startup? Then look no further – YOVI is an exciting early stage startup that is quickly gaining traction and we are looking for an intern-preneur to assist with our growth.
YOVI is an online marketplace for accessing creative freelancers, on-demand. We have a unique online platform that lets our clients quickly access trusted creative freelancer for any projects or requirements that they may have.
Based out of WeWork in Paddington, London and part of the Global WeWork Labs mentoring and incubator program, this exciting intern-preneurship will give the successful candidate first hand experience of helping the founders in the startup journey from sales, marketing and even preparing to fundraise.
This is a paid 1 month internship taking place during August which will give you exposure to the activities that take place within an early stage start-up business. The role includes supporting the business in a broad range of activities, working directly with the founders and helping contribute to the strategic planning of the business.
The right person should be a natural entrepreneur, driven and self-motivated. You will work under the direction of the founders, however you will be expected to take ownership of work and to act entrepreneurially.
This is a very exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven self-starter to join a fun and growing startup.
During the internship, you will get exposure to general sales & marketing activities whilst also helping with the preparation for a fundraise later in the year. Projects and missions will include:
Sales & Marketing
- Join external calls including product demos and pitches to prospective clients
- Support account management of existing clients and freelancers
- Help test the platform, providing feedback and suggestions to the product development team
- Build a library of sales and marketing materials
- Help analyse and optimise our online paid search marketing activities
- Track and measure performance by producing periodic reports
In preparation for a fundraise later in the year, the successful candidate will get first hand exposure in preparing a start-up for a fundraise including:
- Market Research - conduct market research on overall market, competitors and similar products
- Investor pipeline - help research, validate and build out an investor pipeline and prepare an investor due diligence pack
- Financial Modelling – build out and model the company’s future financial projections based on different scenarios
- Pitch deck – help prepare an investor pitch deck
Experience & Skills
This Internship at YOVI is perfect for someone who:
- Pursuing or completing a university management or business related degree
- Enthusiastic and motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion about technology and start-ups.
- Start-up mindset who is a strategical, analytical and creative thinker
- Able to perform in an entrepreneurial environment with changing requirements and minimal guidance
- Past experience in startups preferred but not necessary
- Paid Internship: £1,250 per month.
- The candidate will have the possibility to join the company full time post internship
- The opportunity to gain real life experience in a commercial startup environment and have real input into the business
- Gain practical experience in preparing for a fundraise.
- Based in WeWork Labs, Paddington - designed for early-stage start-ups and forward-thinking enterprise companies. You will be based in their co-working space with access to Mentorship, Educational Programming and a network of like-minded individuals, as well as all the coffee you can drink and free beer!
- Work from home available