FP&A Manager / Commercial Finance Analyst (LDN or BRS)
Started in 2017, Laka set out to transform insurance by connecting passionate cyclists all over the UK to form a collective and protect their bikes. A better model for insurance was born. For once people come first in insurance by fairly sharing the cost amongst each other.
Laka makes sure everything runs smoothly for the community: from exceptionally fast claims, to splitting the cost fairly, guaranteeing a maximum price and all the other heavy lifting of a regulated insurance business. For that service, the collective pays Laka a fee relative to the claims in a month.
For cyclists it's a simple calculation:
- Together, take care of your gear, and reap the rewards of lower cost
- Laka focuses on getting you back on your bike because that's how we get paid
It's a win-win all around!
We have grown 10x in 2019, receiving almost exclusively 5-star reviews by our members based on our claims service and we are backed by some of the most incredible investors on the planet. Besides our core bicycle insurance product, we have launched the Laka Club, challenging existing cycling memberships with an affordable offering for UK cyclists and Recovery Insurance, helping you recover from an injury in no time.
The cycling collective is at the core of everything we do and we have industry-shifting plans to extend our growth beyond insurance, and help passionate cyclists in Europe and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to join our growing team. This role will require good knowledge of accounting, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and communicate across teams. As we are building the business, this role comes with a lot of responsibility and career progression opportunities.
As the second finance hire in the company, you will first have the opportunity to provide cover for the Finance Manager’s maternity leave and then transition into a role more focussed around Financial Planning and Analysis. Your responsibilities will include (all or parts of):
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Strong focus on developing budgets and financial forecasts for us and producing clear and insightful reports for the management team and board
- Implementing process standardisation and reporting automation for internal and external stakeholders
- Other: Providing support on ad hoc requests for analysis and information
During the Maternity Cover you will assist with:
- Financial Accounts: While you will be supported by an external accountancy firm, you will own the financial accounts end-to-end for our UK and Netherlands companies: Reconciliations, consolidation, accounts payables and receivables, payroll, VAT, fixed assets and expenses
- Governance and Reporting: Own the reporting process to tax and regulatory authorities on the financial side and always keep an eye on financial governance in the company including liaising with auditors and tax advisors
To succeed in this role you will need to:
- Be a fully-qualified accountant
- Experience with FP&A including analysing different profit centres and allocating operating costs
- Understand end-to-end finance and accounting process in a tech-driven, e-commerce and consumer-facing business
- Love solving complex problems and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be exceptionally diligent and detail-oriented while knowing when something is "good enough"
- Use tools such as Xero, Receipt Bank and others to make accounting run seamlessly across the organisation
- Experience around consolidation transfer pricing and basic VAT treatment are a plus
- Be enthusiastic about cycling, sports and / or mobility ;-)
Before you apply, please make sure that you have the permission to work in the UK (unfortunately we will not be able to provide Visa sponsorship for this role).
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Bike-friendly office in central London and Bristol
- Enjoy free weekly team lunches, a fridge filled with healthy snacks and free coffee from our own machine - well, once we get back to this ;-)
- Work from home, our office in central London / Bristol or go to the gym during the day - it’s up to you how you plan your time as long as the work gets done
- Grow and skill-up with a personal growth budget tailored to your needs
- Take the time off you need, we ask you to take at least 25 days holidays + bank holidays to clear your mind
- Get free Laka credit every month to insure your bikes
- Plan for the future with our workplace pension scheme
- Get your next bike with our cycle-to-work scheme
- Kit yourself out with our cycling industry discounts
- Get top-notch Apple equipment to get work done
- Join our bi-monthly book club with access to free books
- Have a voice in our regular team off-sites to collectively shape the future of Laka