Have you got what it takes to bring an all-new B2C marketplace platform to market, owning site development, hiring, sales and marketing strategy to hit ambitious growth targets? Do you have experience in education technology, or a keen interest in helping parents find the best schools for their children? If so, read on.
For the past 15 years, Next Step Education have established themselves as leading providers of advice, consultancy and expertise to parents, in the UK and beyond. In light of changing consumer behaviour, we are now launching a best-in-class comparison site for parents looking for a new school for their children, guiding parents through school comparison, shortlisting and application - a true ‘one stop shop’ for the stressful and complex process of changing schools. For schools, we will become their primary online marketing and lead-management platform, becoming the Booking.com, or Skyscanner, of the sector.
We are looking for a stellar General Manager to manage the launch and rapid scaling of this all-new proposition.
- Oversee and steer platform development, ensuring a launch which remains true to the vision, while hitting go-to-market deadlines and budget, and managing ongoing development in line with parent / school feedback, and your own analytical insight
- Define B2B sales strategy, pricing and pitching to rapidly recruit member schools, and minimise churn, taking the business on a defined path to profitability
- Define B2C marketing strategy, channel selection, budget, performance tracking to efficiently reach ‘in-market’ parents in the UK (initially) and beyond
- Create school onboarding and account management process, ensuring swift school engagement
- Use your entrepreneurial instincts to create powerful third-party partnerships to drive additional revenue streams
- Manage team structure: you will recruit a talented sales and marketing team, but you will lead by example and get your hands dirty on a daily basis
- Manage business P&L, remaining agile and thinking laterally to achieve ambitious targets
- Be able to demonstrate significant, successful strategic thinking and ‘big picture’ experience - the platform is yours to steer
- Have been a start-up General Manager before, or will have extensive involvement, at a senior level, in a high-growth start-up or scale-up business
- Have significant experience, as a manager and individual contributor, in as many of the following as possible: product management, growth marketing / performance marketing, B2B sales strategy, and can demonstrate high-achievement in each case
- Have managed a P&L before, or can demonstrate significant comparable budget-management and performance forecasting experience
- Demonstrate boundless drive and determination to get your hands dirty on a daily basis: you will be the first to pick up the phone and lead the sales effort if tracking behind target
- Have a passion for education, or can articulate a deep interest in the school selection and application process
Preferably, you will also:
- Have education technology experience, or worked in education yourself
- Have successfully launched an all-new platform before
- Have experience successfully managing and balancing supply and demand across a multi-faceted online marketplace
Location: central London / remote
Salary: competitive, plus equity