Apply for one of our many roles at Shepper, one of London's fastest growing gig economy startups.
Our purpose has always been to help businesses take care of their assets, in the smartest way possible. Thanks to our global network of Shepherds and cutting-edge technology, whatever needs checking, wherever it is, we’ll take care of it.
- Produce and interpret accurate and timely monthly management account packs, including P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, and additional KPIs for the UK and other international entities
- Improve and produce accurate and timely cash forecasts
- Provide the leadership team with month-end analysis and commentary on performance and KPIs
- Develop efficient financial control processes across AP and AR to allow for growth
- Implement standard processes for expenses, invoicing and other areas
- Manage the purchasing cycle for central costs including travel
- Ownership of underlying accounting records
- Ensure all external compliance and statutory reporting requirements are met (Annual Accounts, VAT, HMRC compliance, R&D tax credit etc.)
- Any other ad hoc or project work
- Recently qualified Accountant with top 20 firm
- Strong technical knowledge with a desire to further it
- Track record of delivering high-quality management information and analysis
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience using Xero and other cloud accounting applications (desirable)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including an ability to explain technical concepts to non-Finance colleagues
- Passion for numbers & start-ups
Shepper is a challenging, supportive and fun place to work, and are looking for amazing and passionate people to join us at this relatively early stage and become instrumental in growing Shepper across the globe!
At Shepper, we don’t just take care of things for our customers, we take care of each other and our Shepherds. We’re kind and considerate. We know people have lots going on – at their desks and in their lives – so we respect each other, support each other, and put people first, always.
- Health and wellbeing budget
- 2 days per year to use for something you care about
- Training and development budget
- Flexible working – we won’t dictate your hours or micro-manage you
- Casual dress code
- Summer and Christmas socials
- The chance to be a part of a growing start-up and the next success story
- Team building, Friday drinks, and a very social team