Now more than ever, people want every experience to be instant and on-demand. And when it comes to getting paid, people want their cash yesterday. But every year organizations waste time, money and energy sending more than $10.7 trillion in payouts to individuals using cash, checks, credit, debit, prepaid and gift cards! Held back by the legacy banking systems, crushed by the costs and complexity of credit cards there is this monster industry still lingering in the digital dark ages.
At WeGift we’re changing all that. We’ve built our own proprietary payment rails that enables any organisation to send money to any individual, anywhere, instantly. No bank account required. No insane interchange fees. We even get up to 20% in commissions from retailers for driving sales which we pass onto our customers. It’s discounted money! We’re throwing away the old model, and transforming how we move and use money forever.
We want amazing people like you to join us and be part of that journey.
Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will build out the Wegift Marketing function and manage the full Marketing team. You are a strategic leader who understands how all of the functions of marketing work in a SaaS B2B business, while also being a do-er with a GSD attitude and ensures that the right priorities get executed on. You have been on the startup journey before, and aren’t afraid to build processes from scratch and then scale them for growth.
- Lead and scale our marketing function, ensuring our sales pipeline is always filled with quality MQLs and SQLs while building Wegift as a market leading brand
- Manage, coach and motivate our marketing team, upskilling them and ensuring each individual thrives in their role.
- Define the end-to-end lead management process with sales and marketing operations with a clear focus on increasing conversion rates
- Expand our target market through education and meaningful content production
- Optimise demand generation through iteration, using an analytical approach to measure and understand the ROI of each initiative and channel, and ultimately on revenue
- Develop a deep understanding of buyers, pain points, value propositions and driving marketing campaigns that resonate with our target audience.
- Leverage data to provide useful metrics, analysis and forecasting on marketing activities, particularly its impact on the sales pipeline and revenue
- Continuously review our tools and marketing channel stack so we can optimise for efficiency, insight, performance and scale
*This role can be based in our New York City or London office
- Able to adapt in a fast-paced, start up environment. We are in high-growth mode, which comes with many opportunities, but also challenges.
- A do-er and GSD with no ego while ensuring high quality. You can read more about our values here
- Understanding of the power of great content and are excited to help us create brand stories that resonate with our audience. Turning prospects into customers and customers into advocates.
- Organized, love systematizing processes and capable of working within a budget
- Creative and always testing new methods of improving the marketing funnel
- 5+ years in B2B marketing, ideally in SAAS and with a diverse skill set that can adapt as we grow
- Experience in leading strategy and scaling processes in a scale-up (Series A-C)
- Demonstrated people management experience
- Proven record of supporting sales to meet or exceed pipeline and revenue targets
- Familiar with best in practice tools while also working within budget
This position is a great opportunity to shape the Marketing team at WeGift. There will be a lot of room for learning and growth. If this sounds like what you’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a resume and a cover letter along with anything else that would help us to get to know you better.
Take a look under the hood of life at WeGift from our employees perspective. This handbook built using Notion.so is what we use to navigate both the serene and choppy waters when needed. You might need to copy and paste the following link into your browser as job boards don't allow us to add hyperlinks - https://bit.ly/2PluGyG
- Participation in the Employee Options pool so you get to own a piece of WeGift.
- Staff perks with WeGift brands - discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Flexible hours - yes, yes everyone says this but we do.
- A minimum of 20 days off a year
- WeRecognize, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every quarter who in turn get a $200 award in the eGift card of their choice.
- $1,200 annual learning & development allowance to invest in mastering your craft, including accredited studies.
- Regular virtual team socials
- Generous maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your new bundle of joy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.