We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive product development, shape future product strategy and implement the fundamentals of a good product development process.
You will have a high degree of autonomy, have a strong influence across the product stack (strategy to delivery) and play a key role at an important time for the company.
Sano is a software platform that matches people with medical research, and provides personalised insights and recommendations based on their data. The platform is private by design, and puts users in full control over their data.
To discover cures for the diseases that affect us and our families, we need to enable people to contribute to medical science, effortlessly and on their own terms. We started Sano to enable medical research that is data-driven and puts people at the centre.
We have built a software platform that matches people with medical research, and provides personalised recommendations and insights based on their data.
The platform is private and user-centric by design - we think people should be in control of their sensitive health data and choose who can access it. We also offer at-home DNA testing, which means that people can participate much more conveniently and researchers can run their studies faster, at-lower cost, globally, and reach participants who might not otherwise be able to join.
Today, the Sano platform helps thousands of people connect to relevant research projects including clinical trials which are testing new medicines, and to access personalised reports based on their genetic data.
Over the next year, we are expanding our product to be a 'patient portal' for national scale precision medicine initiatives (e.g. Genomics England) with the potential to impact millions of people.
We are a team of 12 people today, so this is an exceptional chance to join early in our journey to help define our culture, and the company’s mission.
What you will do
Our business and product have several different stakeholders:
- Users who join to find relevant research and get insights from personalised reports
- Researchers who work with us to find the right participants for their precision medicine research projects
- Partners like Genomics England who are working with us to develop a ‘portal’ for participants in projects like the 100,000 Genomes Project to find relevant research and record patient-generated health data.
You will work directly with the CEO and CTO to drive product development and implement a product development process at Sano.
In this role, you will:
- Support the creation and definition of product goals and strategy
- Own the product roadmap as well as the process to update and prioritise based on business goals and insights from user interviews, platform metrics, and other feedback tools.
- Define, validate and prioritise epics/milestones
- Work closely with the engineering team to proactively identify dependencies between projects and any resource bottlenecks, helping the team to balance between clear and predictable deliverables and our ability to respond quickly to new opportunities or information.
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the business (sales, marketing and community management) to ensure product success