URBAG is an initiative driven by a strong societal and environmental spirit.
We have combined the design of an unique 3-in-1 bag with the use of a mobile app to eliminate plastic garment bags and automate dry cleaning operations, whilst empowering marginalised communities.
We are about to start our beta-launch with a small number of dry cleaners and waiting to get some grants from UK institutions. We are looking for a social media and content guru to increase our brand awareness and online community.
Although this internship is unpaid for now as we are waiting for funding, we believe that anyone that works should be compensated in one way or the other. And so, while waiting for funding and financial compensation, the intern we are looking for will have the opportunity to jump into our board of directors to gain extraordinary experience and skills and take an active part in buiding a start-up. In fact, if the start-up takes of, the intern will have the possibility to stay onboard and create his own role. In return, we want commitment and excellence in the role.
What are we looking for
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (prior copywriting skills is a plus)
- have a strong interest in social media digital marketing, with particular interest in Instagram and Facebook
- have a passion for environment, promoting plastic free lifestyle and social impact
- have a strong interest in learning about and developing their own skills in SEO and digital marketing
- be able to work remotely and independently
- Deliver outstanding content and brilliant ideas to grow our online community, brand awareness
- be motivated, organized, and willing to evolve as the role evolves
As this is an unpaid role, we can accept applications from students (in a relevant degree) looking for work experience. As our team works wholly remote, we are happy to accept applications from international students as well, but with English native level as content writing in English will be the main focus of the role and won't be supervided by an editor or copywriter.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite (WordPress and Adobe Photoshop are pluses)
- Oustanding understanding of social media channels
- No previous full-time work experience is required!