A bit about us:
According To A Law Student (ATALS) is a legal blog providing commercial updates for students interested in commercial law and business.
Here at ATALS, we take a visual approach to commercial awareness and pride ourselves on our interactive infographics and clear-cut, no nonsense language.
In just over a year on the market, we have built a readership spanning across 56 countries. We have also written articles with contributors for several top firms including Linklaters, Ashurst, Baker McKenzie, Cooley, RPC and many more! Our site will be undergoing a revamp very soon!
A bit about the role:
We are looking to expand our *remote* team and offer 5 applicants the fantastic opportunity to become content writers for ATALS!
Although we expect our content writers to contribute at least one article per month, you are more than welcome to write more if you wish! Successful candidates may also be offered further opportunities such as contributing to our upcoming commercial guides and interviewing top law firms.
Due to the voluntary nature of this role, we are unable to pay our content writers.
A bit about you:
Here at ATALS, our goal is to break students free from the corporate straitjacket. If you think that you tick the boxes below, then we'd love to see an application from you!
Applicant must have:
- Fluid, engaging, and clear writing style. You need to be able to explain legal and business terminology in simple and digestible language.
- Commercial awareness
- Witty and has a sense of humour.
- Independent and can follow deadlines - these will be quite relaxed but we like to get things done!
Other desirable qualities:
- Preferably a candidate aiming to pursue a career in the legal, commercial or business fields. This role is also open to graduates.
- Experience in creating infographics - desirable but will not put applicants at a disadvantage if they lack this experience.
The Application Process:
Please send us the following:
- A short sample of your writing on a recent commercial issue of your choice. This must include an original headline (+5 points if it includes a pun). 350 words max.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a fast-growing start-up and help build your commercial awareness. We look forward to receiving your application!