We believe people’s minds and time should be freed from grocery shopping. Make this a reality as Weezy’s amazing data-driven and creative Marketing & Growth Lead. You will join a well-funded pre-seed stage startup and own customer acquisition and retention for a competitive package of salary and stock options.
What to Expect
Weezy is the UK’s first on-demand supermarket delivering groceries in 15 minutes through an app and website. Behind the scenes, Weezy is building a network of dark stores across London and beyond while leaning on a rider network to deliver customers’ orders.
The founders have executive-level experience with leading startups (BlaBlaCar, Showpad, Drover), and a background in top-tier management consulting (McKinsey) and consumer goods (Procter & Gamble).
As one of Weezy’s first employees, you will experience the exciting entrepreneurial roller coaster first hand. Expect a mash-up of huge challenges and achievements while working both on high priority strategic projects as well as getting your hands dirty on a daily basis.
You will be joining a small team that collaborates very closely and is focused on rapidly creating impact. In the first 12 months, you will help take Weezy from its current Beta launch with one fulfilment centre to proving product-market fit and launching new fulfilment centres across London. This will allow us to raise a second funding round to further accelerate expansion.
As Marketing & Growth Lead, you are responsible for customer acquisition and retention. Reporting to the CEO, you will:
- Own and become a leader in customer acquisition and retention across all channels
- Make Weezy top-of-mind to our catchment areas, starting with Fulham & Chelsea, using all channels available, including IRL activation and OOH campaigns
- Identify trends and insights, while getting to know exactly who our customers are and what makes them tick
- Track key metrics and provide weekly, monthly and quarterly activity/campaign reports
- Highly proficient in developing content and copy, both self and in team collaboration
- Strategise and manage paid digital multichannel campaigns, SEO, paid search and social
- Develop strong working relationships with engineering, assortment management, operations and finance
- Together with the founders, create and develop a long term plan and strategy for growing the marketing function
Skills and Qualifications
You are ambitious, believe in Weezy’s mission and get excited taking on challenges. You work hard, play hard, care about the people you work with and love being part of a team. Ideally, you recognise yourself in the following:
- Previous experience in digital marketing and/or brand management
- Strong analytical and creative skills, detail-oriented yet pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Obsession with execution: getting things done and generating immediate impact gives you kicks
- Good people skills and the ability to manage and influence at all levels
- Comfortable with ambiguity, short deadlines and changing priorities
- Strong initiative and entrepreneurial drive
- Rage for winning and delivering success
- Previous experience and knowledge of a retail environment is a plus
- Fluent in English
The ideal candidate for this role is either a senior candidate with experience of working as a head of (digital) marketing in a start-up, or a senior marketing/brand manager who is looking to take the next step in their career.
- Competitive compensation package including salary and stock option plan
- 27 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- 3% pension plan employer contribution
- Yearly book-buying allowance
- Quarterly team outings
- Company branded clothing