Trayde is UK's first online wholesale marketplace. (https://trayde.uk)
We are digitising the wholesale process for thousands of small businesses around the UK, helping independent brands and makers get their products on the shelves of retailers and boutiques in the UK.
Consumer marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy and Farfetch have flourished over the past years. However, the story is not the same within B2B space - thousands of small and medium-sized brands and retailers still conduct wholesale trading through pen&paper, spreadsheets and trade shows.
We have developed a proprietary marketplace technology to tackle this problem, and have had strong reception both from retail shops as well as brands to date.
We are looking for a Business Development Intern to work on our business development activities across both sides of the marketplace (i.e. retail shops and brands).
Before applying please note that is an unpaid/volunteering role at this stage of at an early-stage startup - however this means flexible working hours, great learning opportunities and exciting tasks to work on! The role is marked as part-time, but hours can be agreed based on how much you want to get involved.
- Work with the team to define acquisition strategy for both sides of the marketplace (retail buyers and brands)
- Develop prospect lists
- Reach out and acquire new retailers & brands through a variety of tactics (cold calls, email, social, trade shows, etc).
- Create required sales materials & content
- Visit local events, retailers and markets when necessary
- Hands on - can do both the "thinking" and the "doing" to reach the targets
- Comfortable with reaching out and pitching to prospects
- Proactive, energetic and driven
- Have desire to work in an early-stage startup and contribute to growth
Benefits to you:
- Tons of responsibility at an early-stage startup
- Direct and immediate on the growth of the company
- Opportunity to shape the role around your career goals & aspirations
- Chance to help thousands of retail businesses recover from Covid-19
- Flexible working hours + remote-based work