Soulka is an early stage tech startup platform that offers high jewellery from the world's leading houses.
The website (www.soulka.com) will be a luxury online emporium where purveyors of fine & high jewellery and watches can showcase and sell their collections to today’s wealthy, international elite without needing to set up their own online operations. Customers will get immediate online access to product that can currently only be purchased in the real world, and personal service and flexible shipping and returns that exceed anything currently available online today.
We’re a start-up company with a lot to do and we’re looking for someone to join us and get stuck in. Our business is a social, e-commerce marketplace / platform with a difference. We have a tonne of possible feature requirements and potential technical problems to be solved. We’re completely open to the choice of programming languages and development tools. The choices will be yours.
There are currently no other players offering access to high-end jewellery and watch houses internationally in a single marketplace so our solution will fill a gap in the market and follow the success of other proven businesses that have already disrupted their markets in this way, e.g. farfetch.com for boutique fashion and net-a-porter.com.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone who wants to take control of the technical and development side of things so that we can focus on the business. A future CTO? It helps if you’re proactive in getting things done and can persevere with a problem until it’s solved. Probably not someone who only wants an easy 9-5 job. If you’re not afraid of hard work, then we’d love to hear from you.
Ideally, you’ll be a computer science graduate with at least a few years’ experience in development. It would be useful if you could show us some of the things you’ve developed.
- Conceive, design, and build Soulka’s technology stack to be flexible, maintainable, and cost-effective, starting with the MVP
- Discover and leverage the tools and technologies that will give the company, and its clients, the most benefit, for the least cost
- Develop and own InfoSec, CyberSec, DevOps, and TechOps policies and processes
- Own technology delivery, including quality assurance and data protection processes
- Own technology resourcing, including hiring and supplier relationships
- Communicate Soulka’s technology proposition to partners and investors
- You are a skilled, hands-on full stack developer who has conceived, designed, and built SaaS platforms, web applications, and mobile apps
- You know how to build and lead a team, and how to streamline agile delivery
- You have built and managed your own DevOps infrastructure
- You know how to go from idea, to hypothesis, to experiment, to production without burning too much time and money
- You have worked in a startup
- You are a self-starter, and you take pride in your integrity and work ethic
- You are a skilled communicator, able to convey complex concepts to different audiences
- You have a strong technical network and can leverage it to help build Soulka’s business
- You have a passion for changing the world for the better
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and you have worked in startups before
We are highly committed to the safety and wellbeing of all our employees. Thus, we all work remotely unless absolutely needed. If you think that you might be a good fit, send as a short bio and your CV and we will be in touch ASAP.