Live Operations & Customer Support Executive
We’re building the logistics platform of the future
Orkestro is a technology platform shaking up the logistics industry, backed by multimillion pound investments from top VCs. Orkestro builds the tools and infrastructure for the seamless movement of any item. We’re helping small start-ups and the world’s biggest companies distribute their products effortlessly and sustainably at scale.
We believe the movement of goods throughout cities should be fast and efficient while putting the planet and people first - our goal is to build a next generation transportation network through technology and innovation. We’re doing this by encouraging an open, collaborative and inclusive working environment where creative problem-solvers can thrive and solve some of the hardest problems out there.
We’re hiring in our Live Operations & Customer Support (LOCS) team to supercharge our growth
At the heart of our operation is the Live Operations & Customer Support (LOCS) team they keep their finger on the pulse of operations, and without whom, Orkestro would not work. They are empathetic, energetic and adaptable people who touch every part of the business. We’re looking for talented, smart people who aren’t afraid to get stuck in and want to grow with the business. Generally, the LOCS team is there to ensure that Orkestro’s day-to-day operations run smoothly, which includes:
- Book deliveries with couriers and ensure existing orders go smoothly
- Respond to inbound messages from customers regarding live orders quickly and empathetically, filling them with confidence, and proactively troubleshooting their challenges with initiative
- Proactively liaise with our courier partners to improve the chances of success of each order
- Manage non-live customer communications to swiftly resolve customer queries and issues
However, the LOCS team is much more than this - they are essential to the development of our technology, which is the cornerstone of our business. The rest of the company is guided by the insights from the LOCS team - from product development, to sales & account management, to fleet partner management.
We are growing and looking to bring in two Live Operations & Customer Support (LOCS) team members who can drive that growth - working in the LOCS team full-time for the first 6 months - all the while learning our business and the product through and through & supporting our product development with essential insights - with the aim of launching into other areas of the business as we automate.
We believe this is a really exciting opportunity for someone who is up for a fast-paced challenge and can bring creativity and drive to learn quickly and become an integral member of the Orkestro family.
- Fulfil core responsibilities of the LOCS team
- Work in shifts, 5 days per week, across Monday - Sunday, either 07:30-15:00 or 15:00-22:00; your shift-pattern can fit your preferred schedule
- Regularly input to Product, Commercial, & Fleet Partnerships teams to improve processes, deliver excellent customer service, and drive our product development
- Thoroughly learn the platform, industry and business, to set yourself up for Months 7+
- Grow into other teams, depending on your skill-set and interests; this could be Commercial and Fleet Partnerships, or LOCS itself - or another area we haven’t thought of yet!
- Continue supporting Live Operations (min 3 days/week), according to business needs
You’ll bring these skills and experience to the table
This is a list of prerequisites for this role. If you recognise yourself as someone who ticks these boxes, we’d love to speak with you!
- Minimum 2:1 degree
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Able to show initiative, solving problems and working calmly under pressure
- Highly empathetic and able to make customers feel confident & secure in Orkestro’s hands
- Able to deal with conflict calmly and reassuringly
- Able to work regular shifts at weekends and a either evenings or mornings
- A ‘get up and go’ attitude - willing to give anything a try
- Passionate about learning and looking to grow with Orkestro
You might also have some or all of the following - if you’re not sure, don’t worry - we would still love to hear from you!
- Start-up experience
- Passion for customer service
- Experience in logistics
If you think this fits you, we’d love to hear from you
You’ll have access to these benefits
- Cutting-edge tech at a VC-backed start-up
- Young, fast-moving team
- Growth opportunities, with the potential to go in any direction in the company
- The possibility to work remotely 2-3 days per week
- Great location (Broadway Market, Hackney)
- Opportunity for flexible working hours