We are Monavate. A collective of fintech industry experts with a single unified vision: to create the world’s fastest and simplest way for challenger banks, card programmes and payments products to gain competitor differentiating speed-to-market in an otherwise confusing, slow and highly regulated industry.
We know the current system isn’t fit to do this. It’s why we exist.
Decades of combined fintech expertise, with some of the industry’s major players has taught us that the current industry ‘norm’ just isn’t good enough. In a world where ideas come fast, but competition moves faster, we want (and need) to innovate. It’s in our name. And it’s why we believe the future of the world’s soon to be largest fintechs starts with us.
If you believe in challenging the status quo as much as we do, keep reading.
The Risk and Underwriting Managers role is vital for the success of our business and you will have a team of 2 analysts to train and mentor. You will be a vital team member that will report to management and will be expected to suggest solutions and solve complex problems.
You will be:
- Previous experience in financial crime (KYC/AML & Sanctions) is essential
- Proven experience in an onboarding/quality control role
- A working knowledge of multiple entity types is required (Corporates, Non-Banking Financial Institutions,) Understand in e-money and the EMR’s
- Support the business with your expertise
- A ‘can-do’ attitude – you’ll be comfortable with taking ownership of tasks and thrive in a culture of high trust and accountability
- Providing written and verbal feedback/training to the on-boarding and refresh analysts
- A self starter who understands 1st line of defense design and policy creation
- Have a strong payment history in risk and compliance
- Have strong management and communication skills
- Be an expert in underwriting and company structures
- Be willing to understand other parts of the business and get your hands dirty
- Build a team and be a Motivational mentor by providing training, guidance and advice
These are the sort of skill sets and characteristics we want to see:
- You are good at organising yourself and your workload
- You are good at problem-solving
- You can perform under pressure or bohemian rhapsody
- You are curious and seek to improve how things work
- You can demonstrate an ability to role model our core values which are - Easy, Reliable and Inspiring
- You have the ability to work independently as well as part of a tightly-knit team
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Excellent attention to details with an analytic mindset