Hack Partners is looking for an Events and Marketing Executive with prior experience in the end-to-end event management lifecycle. Your primary responsibility would be to execute our flagship annual event - HackTrain. This is our 7th year of HackTrain and the leadership team have created a robust plan for 2020. The team is looking for someone who can help manage day-to-day tasks of the event including marketing, operations and relationship management.
- Organising all food, merchandise, venues, prizes, accommodation and transport for attendees of our hackathons
- Liaising with clients around extracting challenges and identifying appropriate data sets. These challenges form the core of Hackathon events and are an extremely crucial to the success of the event
- Ensuring clients are aware of their deadlines and are meeting them
- Working with the CEO to interviewing and selecting the best and brightest technical talent out there for taking part in our hackathons
- Regularly breaking big problems down into smaller manageable chunks
- Executing on a marketing plan that increases the awareness of the Hack Partners brand and highlighting the range of services we offer
- Working with our designer to prepare all promotional material (both print and online)
- Promoting our events to transport professionals and potential hackathon participants including while attending networking events
- Creating and managing mailing lists which can be used to regularly communicate Hack Partners’ activities and upcoming events
- Reaching out to other hackathons and tech communities to form partnerships and cross promote each others’ events
- Liaising between the hackathon participants and the Hack Partners team
- Building relationships with transport and tech press and collaborating with them regularly
You will have a secondary set of responsibilities when the event season is quiet. This includes:
- Handling the company’s hello email inbox will form a routine task on your to-do list
- Assisting the COO in executing internal structures and processes i.e. file management system, peer feedback reviews
- Ensuring the team has the resources it needs to perform in a comfortable manner
- Working with the leadership team and being accountable for all tasks assigned to you
- 1-3 years in a similar role - must have event management experience. A big bonus if you have organised hackathons before.
- Ability to execute a plan - must be someone who wants to get things done efficiently
- Experience in using email marketing tools, social media platforms, Asana and Google Suite.
- Experience at a fast-moving tech startup or small teams and enjoy the dynamic nature of such teams/companies; decisions are made and changed very quickly in our team depending on market changes or client needs
The ideal person for the job is someone whose passion lies in organising chaos, so firefighting should be natural to you and you will enjoy triaging problems and solving them quickly. You should be able to execute ideas and plans created by the team, spot potential disasters and plan for backups should these potential problems arise. You thrive under pressure and have a track record of multi-tasking.
What do you get?
- Competitive pay - £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
- You will be reporting directly to the founder and CEO of Hack Partners. You will have the opportunity to receive dedicated mentoring, coaching and career development from the senior leadership team.
- The opportunity to engage with and work alongside our young innovators, key stakeholders in the transport industry and railtech startups
Why wouldn’t you join us?
- Want an easy ride where you can coast along - you will be making change happen, this does not happen by staying in your comfort zone.
- Do not like to deliver - we are looking for someone who is a do-er and can execute plans
- Don’t like change - we make change so you should be an advocate for it :)
- Are not in it for the long-term - the industries we work in can be incredibly slow to innovate, we are helping them change this but it doesn’t happen overnight. At times it is frustrating, but being patient and able to play some of the long game will go a long way.
- Are not a collaborative person - we deeply care and want to help each and everyone of our clients and people on a personal level. Join us because you recognise it's important to work together side-by-side to make change, not alone.
- Do not like to challenge - we are a growing company that looks to challenge our clients and each other regularly. Please come and challenge us :)
Also check out our events and initiative videos on YouTube!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and particularly encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
About Hack Partners
Hack Partners is a transport innovation consultancy. We deliver breakthrough level innovation to the transport industry via hackathons, consulting and tech products. Our goal is to facilitate the introduction of new technologies that drastically improve customer experience and operational efficiency in rail. Once we perfect our processes for innovation we will expand to other industries.
In a short span of time, we have established partnerships with key stakeholders with the Department for Transport, Network Rail, Bombardier, Transport for London, DXC Technology, Go-Ahead Group, Eurostar, SNCF, DB Trainline, SilverRail and several other leading railway organisations.
We are endorsed by the Department for Transport, including government ministers along with other senior stakeholders within the transport industry. We’ve routinely been featured in the press including The Times, Daily Mail, Guardian, Financial Times, Railway News, UK Tech News, Forbes.