Job Title: Lead Technical Engineer/Software Architect
Reporting to: Creative Director
Starting Salary: DOE + great perks such as private medical insurance, subsidised gym memberships, share options, free breakfast and many more.
Location: London Bridge – Currently working from home
As the Lead Technical Engineer and Software Architect you will enable the Creative Director to think about the future while you take care of the present. You will be working alongside some of the best talent and cutting-edge technology within the IoT world with the experience and ability to maintain the existing Smarter platform and will be required to strategically plan and lead new product implementations and its services.
For this role, we need someone who can both architect new software, platform features and functionality whilst being able to also develop and implement the software.
You will join our London office and work in a highly dynamic group, reporting directly to the Creative Director. We are currently working remotely but the successful candidate will need to be prepared to return to the London Office when needed.
We are a small team of highly motivated, ambitious minds, working on something big! We are driven to build new technology that empowers future generations to live Smarter. We are British, Award Winning Connected Home company with a product range that connects kitchen appliances to the internet. We design, build and distribute our product range throughout Europe and the US with high profile partners such as Electrolux, Currys, John Lewis and Best Buy. Growing at a rapid rate, we are set to become one of the fastest growing UK connected IOT companies. This all forms part of our bigger picture to build a platform that changes the way we shop and consume food.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and resolve any technical issues that may arise with the products and platforms and lead finding solutions and problem solving for all backend platform services.
- Technical design, direction and implementation for new software and backend development in line with the company product and platform road map alongside the App, QA and Design team.
- Technical management and planning of new feature integrations within the Smarter iOS and Android apps.
- Maintenance, development and management of all third party platform integrations such as IFTTT, Google Home, Amazon Alexa and more.
- Hands on with other engineers to support the development team on a day to day basis as well as your own development areas to ensure successful execution of all software implementation and development.
- Provide technical input for C-level colleagues and join external client meetings.
- Internal code reviews and support.
Must have requirements
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or equivalent practical experience in technical support, professional services, software development, or product operations management.
- Expert knowledge of Cloud computing and full end-to-end stack technologies.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Google Cloud platform, Compute Engineer, App Engine, Databases (Firebase, Firestore), Machine Learning, Gateways.
- Knowledge of core data structures and concepts. Experience in troubleshooting DB performance issues, DB schema design and SQL query profiling.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Experience with cloud based serverless, storage and developer tools technologies.
- Developed a product or service through to the point of production
- Scaled teams to release successful greenfield implementations
- Strong technical understanding of IoT based products/ services infrastructures, architecture and implementation.
Due to the number of applications we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.