Quit Genius offers the world's most effective clinically validated digital smoking cessation solution. We've raised $14.1 million of funding from Octopus Ventures, Y Combinator, Merck & Co and Village Global (backed by Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates); we've won design awards from Apple, and we’ve already helped hundreds of thousands of people quit smoking and scaled a platform to a million users.
At Quit Genius we welcome innovators who feel rewarded by tackling challenging problems to build the future and shake the status quo. We are building a company that will go beyond smoking cessation and create a portfolio of products across the addiction and mental health space.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to help us expand and build the first comprehensive digital addiction management platform. You will deliver tested, bug-free, scalable APIs using AWS services and Node.js that perform to the highest standard. You will be responsible for championing architectural best practices, contributing towards feature discussions and maintaining well documented, consistent code. The ideal candidate will be proactive, well-organised, communicate effectively and demonstrate enthusiasm for our mission.
- Building and maintaining our APIs
- Working with the team to refine stories
- Maintaining a high level of test coverage
- Writing maintainable, well-documented code
- Building systems with a focus on security best practices
- Optimising systems for speed and performance
- A solid understanding of Node.js
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Ability to work from our London offices without sponsorship
- 2+ years of commercial experience as a Backend developer
- AWS Lambda
Why you’ll love working at Quit Genius:
- An awesome team culture with regular socials
- Fun-filled annual offsite to an exotic destination
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Health and dental insurance
- Flexible working (remote working, WFH days and flexible hours)
- Learning and development
- The chance to join a high-growth startup, develop and grow fast along with the business, and learn a whole lot along the way
- Work in a central London office with a bunch of fun and inspiring people (with a barista-style coffee machine)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Generous parental leave
- Accelerated career development opportunities
- Coffee, fruit and healthy snacks
- Cycle to work scheme & bike parking
- We promote good work-life balance
We embrace diversity at Quit Genius. We are building a product that everyone can use and love so we need a team with all kinds of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. That is the reason why we are committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive we will only be able to respond to successful candidates.