We are a FinTech start-up that is on a mission to disrupt the financial services industry. With 1.7 billion people on the planet still unbanked, financial inclusion is far from being achieved. However, given that more people are using mobile phones now than a decade ago, mobile technology will be effective in accelerating access to finance and transforming people’s lives. Founded on the principles of impact and social responsibility, our startup is building a platform that will allow individuals and firms to access digital financial services and enable them to grow and thrive.
To achieve the above mission, we are looking for a talented and ambitious Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who will contribute through building a robust, secure and scalable mobile platform. The CTO will oversee the development and deployment of the technology, and ensure that all regulatory standards and company objectives are met. As CTO, you will manage product architecture, technology infrastructure, technical roadmap, and API integrations. This role is challenging and demands entrepreneurial, results-driven and growth mindset, as well as the confidence to make strategic decisions. If you are inspired by our mission, passionate about technology and creating a digital solution that will bring positive change in the world, this will be the right place for you. You will work closely with the Founder and CEO, as well as across multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage development and deployment of the platform that supports B2C and B2B, with priority on the MVP that will allow testing, iterating and achieving long-term scalability while serving our early customers.
- Create, adopt and implement a technology strategy that is scalable to speed up overall business strategy.
- Maintain quality assurance and provide guidance on the latest technologies that reduce risk, enhance security and ensure compliance with existing and new regulations such as GDPR and FCA.
- Manage resources including outsourcing, hiring, training, as well as fostering the culture of collaboration, creativity, accountability, and high performance across internal and external development teams.
- Adopt cost-effective technologies that deliver maximum benefits to customers and communicate the technology value proposition to stakeholders.
- Conduct research to identify emerging technology that delivers competitive advantage and aligns with the overall business strategy.
- Safeguard the business through development and implementation of robust disaster recovery and IT security strategy that encompasses information security, hardware and software systems.
- Define appropriate data protection, IT and security policies and ensure that technology and processes meet regulatory standards.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver MVP, set technology roadmap, create a mobile solution that is native on iOS and Android platforms, and a good understanding of third-party API integrations.
- Experience in developing scalable fintech solutions is desirable but not necessary.
- Demonstrate understanding of ecosystem and partnerships, as well as ability to manage relationships across diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to optimise resources, execute urgently, and prioritise to meet agreed on deadlines using a candid approach without surprises.
- Experience in growing and managing teams of developers in different locations.
- Excellent presentation and management skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts effectively to internal and external stakeholders, such as investors and board members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage although not a requirement.
The position is based in London and there will be some business travel outside the United Kingdom. The CTO will work remotely, however, this is expected to change as we grow.
- Salary: Competitive
- Equity: Negotiable based on experience and a track record.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to achieving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate based on race, religion or belief, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin or marital status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our team and business stronger as we work together to transform the financial system.
If you are a good fit and are interested, please send your CV and we will be in touch as soon as possible.