We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious Product Manager to support on the build and iteration of a set of products across the Tech City Ventures network of companies, including a leading IoT dashboard.
Who we are
We're a London-based company that's building tech cities. Whether its creating a tool for citites to use to procure SMEs, or to bring the whole tech ecosystem together, or even build the actual infrastructure, we are there.
What this means is that we're designing, deploying, testing and improving several products at any given time - and so we need a Product Manager to work across these, and bridge the gap between our development team and end-users.
Who you are
You’ll have a technical background, strong experience with product architecture and client management expertise. You'll also have strong IoT experience.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Gather and validate business requirements
- Break down features into user stories and acceptance criteria, working with technical and subject matter experts
- Produce and coordinate project schedules and roadmaps
- Work with developers to ensure that features are implemented effectively and deliver the user needs and to facilitate estimation and prioritisation
- Engage with the wider business to build strong relationships and coordinate our development activities, identifying opportunities for collaboration
- Analyse project and team performance to understand and implement process improvements
- Maintain a resourcing demand plan
For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or another relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience as a Project Coordinator/Manager within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience of all phases of the software development life cycle
- Experience of building and managing software development teams, including defining skills and recruitment needs
- Experience of development within broader environment, including stakeholder engagement and management
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident, professional
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also seek assistance when required
- Demonstrate pride in your work, through high quality and accurate timely delivery
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure timescales are met
- Willingness to share knowledge and help junior team members develop
- Big picture-aware, balancing product and customer needs at all times
- Great at breaking down big tasks into small chunks, solving tricky problems and tackling risks
You should apply if:
- You’ve delivered world-class products in a fast-growing company before
- You’re passionate about building the best possible user experience, and you monitor your metrics to see whether you’re delivering
- You’re comfortable working in a technical team that deals with ambiguity every day
- You’re passionate about sharing your knowledge and have an interest in mentoring other members of the team