Before reading this job advert, we want you to know that it’s intended for you to see how we work, and decide if we’re right for you. Research shows that a significant number of people decide not to apply to jobs based on the requirements listed in the advert; if you see something here that you’re not expert level or even relatively skilled at… good! You can learn it all here.
Cloudline enables people to queue for things without standing in line.
We're a venture funded, B2B Saas platform which enables end-users to virtually queue and order things through Webapps - so they can spend less time standing in line, and more time enjoying the experiences they came for.
Leisure & Entertainment
Queueing is the number one complaint of leisure & entertainment cited by Disney, Universal Studios, Merlin Entertainments and the majority key players in the space.
One global player even has a KPI called ‘Queueing Spoilt My Day’ or QSMD for short. Research has also shown nearly half of all UK adults are deterred from visiting leisure & entertainment businesses due to queuing.
The German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (DIHK) shortlisted Cloudline for tech solutions to help their SMBs recover from COVID-19.
As a result of the global pandemic it is now government mandate for the vast majority of european countries that businesses reduce all human-to-human contact and queuing to an absolute minimum.
This is the first time queuing has gone from a managable problem in the industry to maximum priority, allowing businesses to invest in this well known customer painpoint as it is now a threat to their survival.
Cloudline's current offering addresses this head on, we enable businesses to virtually queue and book customers for a range of different activity formats.
We have now also expanded our platform to support 'Order & Pay' at the request of a client, which enables guests to order Food & Beverages from their phones to tables or for pickup. (Think digital ordering at McDonalds.)*
Cloudline is an engineering-focused team having previously worked with key figures from Y-Combinator and Merlin Entertainments - we have the resources, skillset, and knowledge delivering on the next generation of queue-less experiences for the leisure & entertainment industry.
Our team has transitioned from an iOS/Android app to a Progressive Web App (PWA) solution which lowers onboarding friction, reduces user data cost, and avoids app store installation.
Over the last year, we’ve taken Cloudline from a bootstrapped operation to an app working with some of the largest global operators in leisure and entertainment. We’ve just raised money from several top investors and are ready to take Cloudline to the next level.
- Work as part of a full-stack product team to develop solutions to ensure optimal experiences for our clients and end-users
- Utilize a variety of front-end technologies to build scalable products
- You’ll take part in decisions related to how we undertake new projects
- You’ll gather requirements and scope out projects with the rest of the team
- Experience building responsive UIs on the web that are both maintainable and robust
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
- 2 or more years experience (personal experience counts) building applications with React, and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on our stack (React, AWS, GraphQL, Golang.)
- In-depth knowledge of web performance, accessibility or complementary skillsets
- Experience with Google Maps, Mapbox, or other geography visualization applications
- Great communication skills
- Exposure to some of the largest companies in entertainment and tourism
- Working alongside our CTO a well-known player in the London tech scene, Forbes 30 under 30 Entrepreneur 2018 with four previous tech companies including Headstart (YC S17)
- Access to venues and theme-parks
- Full Development Setup
- Flexible working – all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing and GSuite
- Share options
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Regular team off-sites
If you enjoy learning and are as excited by challenges as we are, rest assured an exciting opportunity awaits (and company celebrations like you’ve never seen, thanks to our partners.)
Whether you’re a bootcamp graduate or experienced programmer with a hunger for knowledge, impact and growth then look no further.
Our ideal teammate has experience developing applications in React. If you have experience in any other languages then it’s a bonus. If you’ve built applications in the past your proud of we’d love to see them. Looking forward to hearing from you!
*Fun fact: We actually beat Deliveroo to Table Ordering by a day, serving our first live customers on the 14th of July 2020 just before they launched 'Table Service' on the 15th. Yes - our engineering team is pretty awesome.