**About Fintech Sandpit**
We are on a mission to connect the financial ecosystem together. We are building an industry API marketplace to accelerate the development of solutions for the world’s largest institutions.
Innovating within financial institutions is hard, slow, and complicated. It can take months for approvals and many more months for implementation. This stunts the ability for these organisations to learn and digitise. However, there are thousands of developers around the world who need to test capabilities quickly and business owners who need to work with new vendors easily.
We bring the world’s fintech capability into one place for users to test. Our industry sandbox enables users developers and business owners to scan the global market of startups and find a capability that suits them best.
**How can you help? **
To effectively test these new solutions. We are building the world’s largest workbench of financial data. You’ll build systems to automatically scan the web for information, setup data pipelines to keep data up to date, and use a variety of techniques to develop a deep understanding of trends in the industry. You’ll be responsible for working in a team to design and populate our database of fintech companies.
**What you’ll do? **
- Setup and analyse web usage analytics to improve customer engagement and marketing efficiency
- Run and present key reports to the business
- Design and implement web scraping systems to keep our database of fintechs up to date
- Develop systems to source and catalogue datasets for our data workbench
- Implement and evaluate synthetic data generation algorithms and develop synthetic datasets from production
**This might be for you if...**
- You excel at being relentlessly resourceful. You can hustle and make a lot happen with a little.
- Exited to execute from start to finish, and own completely a product or process
- Pursuing a degree in computer science, statistics, data analytics or quantitative finance
- Experience handling large datasets and a passion for working with data (eg. with excel)
- You’re technical (preferred) and have experience building products in startups