As a leader of people, you will enjoy working with a small team of engineers (Java Backend) based in EU.
You will be interested in helping teams to design the best scalable and stable architectures, control the levels of technical debt and smooth the path of delivery from idea to live. Spending time reviewing code and tests, directly contributing to the many projects we have (50% of your time is hands-on Java).
At Your.MD, we believe everyone should have the information they need to look after their health. Five years ago, we brought together doctors, data-scientists and digital experts to create a new type of health app, Healthily. A place for anyone in the world to find personalised, medically-approved guidance, tools and support to help them feel better and stay healthy.
Millions of downloads later, Healthily is the first app approved as a medical device (Class 1), on our way to our goal: helping one billion people find their health.
Backed by philanthropists and major corporations, our team is now 80-strong and growing, as we find new ways to bring informed self-care to all, especially in the era of coronavirus.
- Highly technical and effective people manager (Managing a team of 5)
- Manage an agile software team and participate fully in all team meetings
- Task planning and code reviews. Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Define the roadmap and architectural direction for all the backend services
- Provide solutions for the implementation of new product features, in conjunction with other teams
- Help to build and develop teams through recruitment and coaching
- Support developers to deliver great products by helping unblock them & improve our processes
- Measure the impact of your team, define and influence product strategy
- Supporting the VP Engineering with strategy
- Working closely with the Delivery team
- Management experience, a proven track record of supporting technical teams
- 5+ to 10 years Java development experience
- Expert level:Java: Spring, Micronaut, AWS & Docker, Microservices, Architecture and Solutions Design, TDD
- Knowledge of best practices and browser specifics in desktop and mobile
- (Optional) Polyglot skills: Python, Terraform, Consul, Airflow
- Participate in the burgeoning digital health industry
- The opportunity for personal and professional development in an open environment where ideas and opinions are encouraged
- A remuneration package including stock options, gym contribution, and other benefits
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.