Pathway CTM – Job Description
Job Title: Outreach Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Location of Role: Office based (London) / Virtual until January 2020 (at least)
Required start date: September 2020
Purpose of the Role:
Pathway CTM is a growing Social Enterprise, and it is our mission to deliver our Employability Programme to every school and college in the UK; empowering young people to unlock their true potential and find a valuable place in society! We are seeking an Outreach Manager to help us deliver on this growth, by delivering sessions to our students (aged, 15-19) and follow up with support and coaching.
This role will be within our Education Team at Pathway CTM and you will have a strong working relationship also with our Employer Team, as you will be a key link to our main beneficiaries – our students (of which we have over 24,000 on our Programme)! As we are such a close-knit team, you will be involved in conversations and projects across the business as a centre point of our service, ensuring students have access to the opportunities we provide.
In normal circumstances, this role would be delivering physically in schools and colleges we work with, nationally. However, we are planning for the delivery of Outreach to be online/webinars, until January, but we expect this could last the full academic year. We see this as an opportunity however!
As part of this role, you will be responsible for leading our student support and coaching. This will be monitoring the student inbox, following up with students you have delivered to, and arranging phone calls when required. It must be said that you will be joining at a time of opportunity and ideally this person would have aspirations of growing a team of outreach managers in the next 12-18 months.
Finally, it must be said although Pathway CTM has been going for 6 years, each year we are innovating and improving, so this really will be a fluid role year to year on our delivery mechanisms. The underlying core will never change though, supporting young people best we can, but we are very open to adapting and thinking of new ways of working if it means we improve our service.
- Delivering Outreach sessions to schools and colleges. The sessions are pre-planned and need to be practised, before then putting your own style and perhaps content into it as you see fit.
- This could be up to a whole day in a school/college, building the relationships with teachers and students, and using that establishment as tour workplace for that day.
- There will normally be 3 sessions (1 hour each) that you will deliver, with possible assemblies when delivering in the school/college physically.
- Given Covid-19, we will not be in schools or colleges physically in 2020. This will be reviewed in January 2021, but we expect not to have physical presence until there is 0% chance of Covid-19 risks, as a safeguarding measure.
- Therefore you will be expected to deliver all session (3x1hour) virtually, with smaller class sizes to maintain the quality impact.
- You will need to ensure each student you deliver to, passes the module you are teaching. As well as provide structured follow up through our follow up process/reporting.
- You will learn about the opportunities Pathway CTM offers young people and be able to advise students on these and how best to tackle their future pathways and decisions.
- A passion for improving the way young people are supported into the labour market, through education, guidance and support.
- Experience of coaching or teaching young people, and a dynamic way about you when engaging and delivering.
- Experience of reporting on data and being organised with your approach to time management.
- An excellent face to face, email and phone manner with students.
- Positive attitude, drive and creativity – this role will be varied and challenging.
- An expectation to continue your learning through experience.
- A good understanding of the Early Years Recruitment scene, with experience in it, if possible.
- An understanding of the labour market and life experience to share openly.
- Experience of being involved in employer-student events to drive student engagement.
- Account management experience in any capacity.
- Management experience and a desire to build a team.
- A motivator and energised persona.
- You speak with passion about your work because you care about it.
- Great at dealing with people and challenging situations.
- Love to work with tomorrow’s workforce – literally!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work well in a close-knit team, and willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Good problem-solving skills with a real creative spark for innovative ideas.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to organise and plan work effectively.
- Part of a movement that is making a real difference in the work you/we all do.
- Working in a team that is at the forefront of adaptation and change, which allows great opportunity for growth at Pathway CTM.
- Flexible working.
- A competitive salary with an annual bonus opportunity.
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) with your birthday off as a bonus!
- Laptop and iPhone plus contribution pension scheme.
Date of Issue: July 2020