Job Title: Marketing & Events Manager
Reports To: COO
Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time
Hours: 9am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Location of Role: London
Start Date: September 2020
Purpose of the Role:
Pathway CTM is a rapidly growing social enterprise looking for a Marketing & Events Manager to create and manage various digital marketing campaigns targeted towards Students, Employers and Schools/Colleges.
This role will also cover the management and delivery of key Events throughout the year, in conjunction with Pathway CTM colleagues. Our Events are held across the UK, and therefore some travel will be required as part of the role.
The Marketing & Events Manager will work closely with the COO, to refine our Marketing and Event Strategy, bringing in their own ideas to help strengthen our offering.
Newsletter/Blog Creation & Publication:
- Working with the COO and Account Manager to create engaging, interesting monthly Newsletters and Blogs for Students, Teachers, Schools/Colleges.
Mid-Year, and Annual Report Creation & Publication:
- Drawing insights from our extensive data sets, to creating visually engaging and informative reports to be supplied to Schools/Colleges and Employers.
- Working with the Pathway CTM team to supply short-form reports and updates where required.
New Sector Campaign Planning and Delivery:
- Working with the CEO and COO to plan and create new marketing campaigns targeting different industries, to grow Pathway CTM’s customer base, and announce new product packages and services.
- Providing regular reporting to the COO around campaign success, and analytics.
Website Updates and New Content:
- Updating the website when needed in terms of copy changes, new content, new surveys/questionnaires.
- Working closely with the COO and our web agency to re-design certain aspects of our website
- New content creation for online User Portal for Students and Schools/Colleges.
- Preparing Event plans, Event Marketing, and managing and reporting on pre, during and after Event activities.
- Managing team logistics for Events.
- Conducting follow-ups after the Event, and reporting to the COO on the Event success.
- Ideally, 2 years + experience within high growth company (preferably social enterprise or charity) creating and reporting on various digital marketing campaigns.
- If applicants have less experience, we still need a track record of experience in Marketing, to help you own the role and be proactive withing it.
- Some Event management experience would be beneficial, however, training will be provided.
- You have extensive digital marketing experience.
- You are reliable, organised and self-motivated.
- Effective at managing workload and the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Excellent working knowledge of Office 365, Mailchimp, Eventbrite and CRM experience.
- A competitive salary.
- Pro-rata: 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) with your birthday off as a bonus!
- Flexible working.
- Great team environment.
Date of Issue: July 2020.