Soulka is an early stage tech start-up platform that offers high jewellery from the world's leading houses.
The website (www.soulka.com) will be a luxury online emporium where purveyors of fine & high jewellery and watches can showcase and sell their collections to today’s wealthy, international elite without needing to set up their own online operations. Customers will get immediate online access to product that can currently only be purchased in the real world, and personal service and flexible shipping and returns that exceed anything currently available online today.
We are a start-up company with a lot to do and we are looking for someone to join us and get stuck in. Our business is a social, e-commerce marketplace / platform with a difference. We have a tonne of possible feature requirements and potential technical problems to be solved. We are completely open to the choice of programming languages and development tools. The choices will be yours.
There are currently no other players offering access to high-end jewellery and watch houses internationally in a single marketplace so our solution will fill a gap in the market and follow the success of other proven businesses that have already disrupted their markets in this way, e.g. farfetch.com for boutique fashion and net-a-porter.com.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who wants to take control of the technical and development side of things so that we can focus on the business. A future CTO? It helps if you’re proactive in getting things done and can persevere with a problem until it’s solved. Probably not someone who only wants an easy 9-5 job. If you are not afraid of hard work, then we’d love to hear from you.
Ideally, you’ll be a computer science graduate with at least a few years’ experience in development.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You will be part of a cross-functional team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
If you are also familiar with Agile methodologies, we would like to meet you.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field