What is TransferGo?
TransferGo is a fast-growing fintech startup, offering online money transfers to over 60 countries across the world with high speeds, low fees and no hassle. We’re a diverse and multilingual bunch of people, working from offices in London, Vilnius, Kaunas, Berlin, Istanbul and Warsaw – and we’re still growing!
At TransferGo, we’re on a mission to make moving money globally as quick and easy as sending a text. Our Growth team plays a critical role in shaping the way we serve our customers and, to make sure we’re doing that in the best way possible, we’re now looking for a talented Freelance Marketing Consultant to work with our Growth team and provide valuable insights on the Indian market.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Providing expertise on the India market and money transfers to India
- Proposing the most effective marketing channels with which to grow our customer base
- Researching micro-influencers we could work with – then negotiating with, and briefing, them
- Advising on key PR activity to be undertaken
- Conducting various research pieces on Indian communities abroad – money transfer habits, consumer behaviour, brand awareness, competitor analysis and more
- Providing feedback on copy and design
- Suggesting/writing relevant content aimed at Indian migrants for our blog
- Managing our India Facebook page content (about 3 posts per week)
- Participating in meetings with agencies and media buying negotiations, and providing feedback
- Participating in some key marketing meetings – connecting with the team, providing feedback and sharing knowledge
- Promoting our Invite-a-Friend programme on social media and other relevant community circles
- Representing our brand at community events, and on social media and forums
Here’s what we’d love from you:
- 5+ years’ experience running successful online and offline consumer branding and public relations campaigns for a high-growth business or within an agency (experience of e-commerce, digital or similar industries is an advantage)
- A native level of Hindi and an excellent command of English. If you know other languages too, even better!
- Experience building and marketing brands from the ground up
- Experience with ATL and BTL campaigns, PR and social media
- Strong skills in negotiating, media buying and managing agencies
- A high level of data literacy – you have to be comfortable using business intelligence and data analytics tools on which to base your marketing decisions, as well as being comfortable managing and reporting on marketing effectiveness
- The ability to work on ‘big picture’ things as well as day-to-day tactical stuff – all the while being results-driven and suited to a fast-paced, resilient startup environment
- Hands-on experience launching, managing and optimising campaigns that build awareness and trust, to deliver exceptionally efficient growth and ROI across digital and offline channels
- Insightful knowledge of Indian consumers and their habits, and strong networking skills.
We’d also love you to be:
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a go-getting attitude
- Able to adapt quickly to dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environments
- Dynamic – an initiative-taker and solution-finder with entrepreneurial spirit
- An innovative and collaborative leader, strategic thinker and value-creator
- Great communicator and coordinator
- A problem-solver with strong analytical skills.
What we believe
At TransferGo, we do the work that matters, prioritising our customers above all else. But special treatment isn’t reserved just for customers – we go above and beyond to help our colleagues and our company succeed, too, building trust and being transparent all the way.
We take risks, learn from our mistakes and own what we do – and, by aspiring to be our best, we challenge ourselves to grow. This comes from knowledge-sharing and collaboration – and, of course, a hefty amount of fun!
Some of our best benefits
- Being part of an exciting and growing fintech startup community
- A competitive fee
- Flexible working hours, with the opportunity to work from home
- A friendly atmosphere and stimulating environment
- The opportunity to join full-time