Oddbox is a purpose driven business fighting food waste and we are looking for an extraordinary individual who is also an odd veggie lover and food waste fighter to play a key role in delighting our customers and driving our strategy.
We create a secondary market for odd and surplus fruits and vegetables by reclaiming these perfectly good produce and delivering them weekly to people’s homes and offices via UK’s largest surplus fruit & veg box scheme.
We are looking for a perfectly imperfect individual to lead, grow and develop the current Customer Happiness function as well as transform and grow the function into a highly strategic and proactive Customer Experience function.
You will ensure our community receives an exceptional level of service across all communications channels as well as work with the other heads of departments to provide the right insights and analytics and drive deep knowledge of our customers, help retention and engagement of our community.
This is a pivotal role at the core of our operations, working closely with Operations, Marketing and Tech and you will be part of the Senior Management Team.
It is thanks to our community that we are able to have a significant impact on climate change. From the start, we have provided exceptional customer experience and our team of customer happiness executives are the ears of Oddbox and voice of our community.
You will take the reins of all things related to Customer Experience and lead the growth and development of our passionate, hyper engaged Customer Happiness team whose impact is measured in happy customers turned into food-waste fighting ambassadors. At the core of your role, you will be accountable for Contact Rate, Handling Time, CSAT and NPS, while also ensuring we establish and use the best training, monitoring, systems, analytics and contact channels to deliver outstanding support for our new subscribers and customers joining every day.
You will lead your team to reach beyond classic inbound/reactive customer servicing interactions, to deepen our understanding of what truly creates delightful moments for our customers. We will expect you to drive continuous amplification of learning and insights to surface opportunities across the customer journey, so these feed into our tech development, content and marketing strategy and any operational improvements; as well as lead on a winback strategy in collaboration with the marketing team.
In this role you will be responsible for developing an excellent work environment and culture so that we can retain and develop our passionate team for long, exciting career trajectories. We’re looking for a leader with clout, enthusiasm, and a natural way with people from all backgrounds - you will lead and mentor your team, encourage them to reach out to you for guidance, but also enable them to make strong decisions with autonomy.
Essential skills and characteristics:
- At least 6 years’ experience in Customer Happiness with at least 2 years’ experience in a Manager position, for a B2C brand dealing with high volume, ideally in 2 different organisations giving you the ability to assess and balance different approach to Customer Happiness
- An understanding of subscription / retention metrics and drivers
- Experience scaling a team in a fast-growth environment
- A passion for delighting our customers and for continuous improvement
- Strong coaching / management skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to surface insights to help decision-making and track/improve key KPIs
- Super organised and process driven with good project management skills
- Effective Communicator – able to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner
- Flexible, highly resilient and comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities
What you’ll get:
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand at a time where we are scaling rapidly, helping reduce food waste one wonky carrot at a time.
- Work in a diverse and inclusive team made up of over 6 nationalities, split equally between women and men.
- Employee perks via Perkbox / CharlieHR
- Employee Cycle to work scheme
- Free fresh fruits, breakfast cereals and snacks in the office
- Team drinks/dinner and team building events
- Discount on Oddbox fruit and veggies.
- Flexible working hours
- Annual Learning & Development budget of £1K
- Compensation – competitive depending on experience
- Start date – Immediate
- Duration of role – permanent / full-time – Monday to Friday
- Location – Our office in Vauxhall / flexible working from home