We’re looking for a brilliant brand and content associate
At Forward, we’re searching for a brand and content associate to join us for 3 months and help us on our path to build a category-defining VC firm. We’re looking for a rigorous storyteller - someone who is nimble with words, and comfortable ideating, scheduling, and executing and measuring a content strategy that spans email, social media, and virtual events.
This is an incredibly exciting time at Forward, as you’ll be joining in the midst of us re-thinking our brand strategy, and planning for a landmark hero campaign that’ll be landing in early 2021.
Who is Forward?
Forward is an early-stage venture fund meets startup studio. We invest from day zero through to Series A, in promising tech companies, focusing primarily on applied ai, marketplaces and e-commerce. Out of our £81m early-stage funds, we’ve invested in 55+ companies including UK leaders Patch, Appear Here, and Koru Kids.
We operate on the belief that founders need and deserve more than money from investors. They deserve it because the founders' journey is a heroic one - you embark on an all-encompassing 10+ year voyage, that pushes you to the edge of your capabilities. And they need it, because execution is the difference between startup success and failure, and whilst a cash injection gets you going, the real work begins after you raise funding.
So we challenge the traditional venture model, and have a purpose-built startup studio of in-house engineers, designers, marketers, and recruiters that actively help our companies to design, build and grow. We also became the first VC to launch a revenue-based finance product - Forward Advances - that offers growth capital to startups without diluting their equity.
This is what you’ll be responsible for:
You’ll be fully supported and work tightly with our Brand and Content Manager, Shope. The working relationship will be one of a dynamic duo, and you will divide and conquer. You will take the lead on execution, and Shope will support with strategic direction, feedback and of course, jumping in to be hands-on alongside you during particularly busy periods.
- Writing, editing, publishing and distributing content for our multiple digital properties, including the FP blog, The Path Forward and Nanotrends publication.
- Management of the content calendar for these properties, ensuring team members are prepared and supported in producing content on behalf of Forward.
- Management of our social platforms - Twitter and Linkedin.
- Creating visual assets for social media - supported by the templates our design team put together.
- Contributing to comms activity, including the writing and editing of press releases and announcements.
- Management and organisation of Forward Partners monthly virtual events, including FP Live and FP Masterclass
And these are the skills you’ll need to excel:
- You’re proudly the most organised person you know.
- You feel at ease spinning multiple plates, and can run a tight ship with our content calendar, scheduling, and tracking. You plan in advance as default, and are constantly finding new ways to be more effective.
- You’re a top-notch storyteller and wordsmith.
- You understand the importance of narrative, and how words, when used in a certain way, have the power to inform, educate and inspire. You write with specific user persona’s in mind, and are able to edit and elevate other people’s writing with ease.
- You have strong and growing knowledge of tech/startup lingo.
- You’ve either worked in or around startups before, and are familiar with the world of startups, venture capital, product development and everything in between. We’ll need to speak with authenticity and authority about a range of topics in the tech/VC ecosystem.
- Your highly accountable and have strong attention to detail
- You’re a triple-check-for-good-measure sort of human. You take the pride in delivering a final product that does exactly what it was supposed to do, and does it really well, and you’re comfortable taking accountability for the wins and the losses.
- Your a strong communicator and relationships builder
- You’re a natural when it comes to building relationships and rapport. Supported by our brand and content manager, you’re going to be at the forefront of commissioning external writers, interviewing our founders, or lasso-ing different schedules and personalities for a virtual panel event - so it’s important you enjoy that in your work.
- You’ve got the eye and ability to create strong creative
- All great content marketers have learnt to hack together various tools to build a well-oiled content machine. Whether it’s making gifs and short videos in Premiere Pro, or building creative assets in a mix of Figma, Canva and Photoshop, you’ll be able to bring your content to life through compelling visuals.
- You’ve got the content fundamentals and tracking down
- You’re comfortable with SEO, user personas, and writing to specific tone of voice guidelines. You understand the importance of having a good ‘analytics stack’, and have used google analytics, buffer, fullstory, excel (or a customised stack of your own) to track, and report on the impact of your strategy to your wider team.
Having said this, we welcome those with non-traditional backgrounds, or varied skill sets, so if you don’t fit 100% of the below brief, but strongly believe that you could take our content and comms to the next level, please still apply. We’d love to hear from you.
This is a fixed-term contract of 3 months, starting from early September.
We will being reviewing applications from w/c 10th August.