Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK.
As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started!
Join us and let’s dream big and deliver bigger.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Operational Systems team as Head of Delivery!
This role is a senior role which is critical to our business and is key to creating a world class supply technology platform, enabling the scaling of our business and delivering on our huge ambitions.
Reporting to the Director of Operational Systems, Head of Delivery will lead a team of six which will then grow in line with business ambitions.
This role is critical to our business, not just by taking the ownership of the existing set of challenges but by shaping the underlying strategy and enabling the scaling of the business and delivering on increased expectations and ambition.
As Head of Delivery you will:
- Ensure the team delivers on ambitious and stretching OKRs
- Shape our platform, people and processes to support the growth ambitions of Gousto
- Create an environment that promotes autonomy and accountability
- The role will also be responsible for scaling the team in line with rapid growth of the business
You will work closely with our Tech management team as well as with our tech community - you will lead and collaborate with different teams across the business.
- Management and development of the Operational Systems delivery team in London (including travel to Spalding approximately once every 1-2 weeks)
- Develop, lead and deliver the portfolio of technology projects and initiatives , exhibiting strong influencing and communication skills
- Focus on continuous process improvement of our technology and processes by increasing technology value through automation, innovation and emerging technologies
- Work with the rest of the business and management team to identify and provide the support and technology solutions required for secure and efficient scaling of the business
- Manage and develop rollout/release plans for both new applications and upgrades to existing applications.
- Work closely with product, software engineering and delivery teams to ensure technology products and solutions are delivered and conform to our architecture principles and standards
- Support, drive and challenge business functions across Gousto to deliver maximum operational value.
- Manage key supplier relationships working with them to support and develop our platform.
- Technically strong, solutions oriented leader with significant experience of solving complex technology problems
- Proven experience in building, growing and efficiently managing different sized teams
- A degree in a technical or business subject
- Relevant experience with technology implementation / change delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Proven experience using a range of agile project management methods
- Ability to influence and manage stakeholders at all levels, from C suite to factory-floor
- Proven experience of applying innovative and creative thinking into delivering tangible business value
- Ability to evolve with a rapidly changing environment and anticipate changes in technology
- Experience of managing complex vendor relationships (including responsibility for commercial and service aspects)
- Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills
At Gousto we feel it’s massively important to hire adults and give them the freedom to get things done. We don't judge your performance by hours at your desk, but by the impact you have. Our only requirement is that you follow our ownership principles and Put Gousto First. Flexible working is widely practiced, but we are not a remote company and the majority of the time should be based in our Shepherd's Bush office.
- Holidays - 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 30 days
- Option to buy additional days of annual leave up to a total of 30 days
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Friday socials - Wine, beer and soft-drinks
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's deeply important to have all genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation. We know, based on research, that some people are less likely to apply for this role. Please consider the above bullet points as guidance (our perfect candidate may not meet 100% of them) and if you feel you would be suitable for this role then please get in touch.