Kugali is a company that showcases the best African stories using comics, art and animation, stories that respect the history of Africa, embrace the present and imagine a future. At Kugali we're not only passionate about addressing the lack of diversity in the comics and animation industry, but also creating opportunities for more creatives of colour to tell their stories.
Kugali has grown from the launch of the first Pan-African comic book anthology launched via a Kickstarter, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kugalimedia/the-kugali-anthology, to being the largest publisher of African inspired comics in the world, with our first major animation project also underway. We’re interested in bringing in new people to help us build on our recent success and through the next phase of growth, scale into a global leader in story telling.
We are a passionate team based in and around London and across Africa.
You will be responsible for assisting in and occasionally leading in the day-to-day marketing operation at Kugali. This entails community management, copywriting, market research, and content production (primarily video work).
What you'll be doing:
- Sharing content on social media and via email campaigns to boost awareness and engage with our audience
- Collaborate with the CMO to produce highly targeted advertising and social video and image content
- Writing, editing or refining digital copy, and launching comms
- Analysing and managing our advertising schedule, performing analytics and reporting on trends
- Performing market research on new platforms, areas of interest and trends.
What we are looking for:
Include a cover letter
- Excellent writing skills, solid proofreading
- Some experience in video and content production
- Good mathematical ability
- Analytical, self-starting mindset
- Enthusiasm and a creative drive
- Good understanding of social media
- The ability to work autonomously and take ownership
- A nerdy level of attention to detail