Role: Senior Compliance Manager (with Data Protection Practitioner Experience)
Salary Range: £55,000 - £65,000
Reports into the COO
Ideal Start Date: As soon as possible
No. More. Paper. Receipts!
At Flux, we think it's insane that paper receipts still exist when the rest of the payment process is digital. Paper receipts are non-recyclable, consume oil, trees, and water, and they don’t fit into the digital lifestyle that we currently have - so we’re on a mission to eradicate them once and for all.
We work with banks and retailers across the UK to create digital receipts that are delivered straight into your banking app. We’re looking for an ambitious and conscientious Senior Compliance Manager to help manage the day to day running of a compliance function and take the lead on process improvement initiatives. We would also like this role to include interim Data Protection Officer responsibilities too.
Please note that this role will be to take over an existing role. In the near future, we have plans to split this role further to better spread out projects. In the longer term, the world is your oyster! As an early hire you will have the opportunity to define and grow your own role. We’re passionate about making Flux an incredible place to work and see your role as a crucial part of that journey.
What you’ll be doing on a day-to-day basis
- Work closely with the COO to translate a wide range of business needs into compliance strategy to improve the day to day running of compliance function
- Be a genuine self starter who is confident to make decisions in the face of the unknown. As a small team, there will not be as much supervision and oversight compared to a traditional corporate. Sometimes you have to just roll with the punches!
- Run day to day BAU compliance tasks such as bank and retailer onboarding, employee onboarding and management of company policies as required
- Act as the Data Protection Officer accountable to the ICO on behalf of Flux on an interim basis
- Act as the responsibly party in relation to regulatory adherence to the FCA as Flux is a registered AISP
- Manage projects to continuously improve effectiveness of the compliance function.
- Plan and take action to uphold our preexisting certifications (ISO27001, Cyber Essentials etc)
- Work cross functionally with Sales, People, Engineering and Finance
Tools we use:
- We make extensive use of contract management software such as Juro and Docusign
- We use Slack, Notion and Trello to manage communication and work
- MacOS, MS Office and Google Suite
- We are open to adopting new tools and technologies to further enhance our effectiveness
What success looks like in 6 months time
- Getting up to speed with day to day compliance processes and being able to run them independently
- Mastering the unique challenges that exist for a company looking to marry the digital banking world and the retail world
- Support our sales functions to ensure contracting goes as efficiently as possible
- Manage data protection queries from both internal and external partners.
- Able to define OKRs and longer term strategies to help Flux be better than it is today
At Flux, we walk the walk when it comes to collaboration, transparency and respect for others. Being able to bring your authentic self is paramount to our collective success. Our Thursday afternoon meetings and monthly learning sessions are an amazing opportunity for the team to share the latest from their areas - not just work things but personal things too! This means that you are not just joining the Legal and Compliance team, but will also become an integral part of Flux.
See our Life at Flux video to learn more about working at Flux: https://vimeo.com/302887685