Datona Labs is an exciting new start-up developing cutting edge Web3.0 and Blockchain technology. Our mission is to increase privacy and autonomy by enabling individuals to take control of their online and offline data. We’ve built a great proof-of-concept platform and have just secured our first round of seed funding.
Exposure of our private information has increased exponentially over the last two decades as the World Wide Web has evolved. There have been many instances of data theft, and unethical use of our data has been hitting the news. One of the key features of the next evolution of the web will be the decentralisation of data and services - moving away from giant online data monopolies towards decentralised applications using data under individuals’ tight control. We want to be at the forefront of this movement.
The journey here has been deeply rewarding as we’ve explored the potential for blockchain technology and built our core platform. The future is shaping up to be even better as we embark on a full-on R&D phase to build our MVP (minimal viable product) and establish a customer base in readiness for a series-A round to fund a 5-year project with a team of around 30. We are on the lookout for an enthusiastic, hard-working and driven individual to join our journey and share in our success.
Datona Labs was formed by a team of experienced high-integrity software engineers with a history of full-lifecycle development of real-time software for high profile programmes in blue chip engineering companies. We encourage a professional, open and friendly culture where we can all explore our full creative potential and feel free to introduce new ideas to steer the course of the business. We believe that a successful business is built on extraordinary people.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated front-end developer and UX designer to take ownership of the app development and UX side of the business. Initially, this will mean working closely with our founders to devise the user experience for our MVP and then to build and test the necessary mobile and web apps. We will be relying on your creative and technical skills to help us build the foundations for a world-class suite of decentralised applications. Following a successful series-A funding round, you will have the opportunity to be the front-end technical lead for all avenues of development within the business.
Our ideal candidate is a consummate professional who shows a passion for front-end design and is excited about the vision of our company.
- Working with the team to devise the UX for all DApps, web applications and demos within the business
- Developing the front-end for all DApps, web applications and demos for the MVP
- Testing of all front-end software
- Working with the team to integrate the front-end with the platform's software libraries to create working applications
- Ultimately taking ownership of all user-fronted DApps and web applications within the business
- Developing the company standards for front-end software development
- A portfolio of work highlighting your passion and ability as a front-end developer
- A firm understanding of UX design, including best design patterns and principles
- A good working knowledge of front end tools and libraries, and which are best suited to different applications
- Familiarity with the crypto ecosystem and the concepts around decentralised applications
- At least a passing familiarity with cryptographic concepts and public key cryptography
- Well organised and with a clean, methodical approach to software development
- Friendly and personable
- Opportunity to help build a fledgling start-up from the ground up
- Opportunities for personal growth and to carve your ideal role within the future business
- Freedom to negotiate a share of equity in the company and/or share of the platform tokens, so you can share in the growth of the business
- Office in a beautiful stately home set in its own country estate on the edge of the Cotswolds
- On-site subsidised cafeteria serving breakfast and lunch
- Free tea and coffee!