Danger Farms are an award-winning digital innovation studio helping organisations launch more impactful products at pace.
We are looking for a talented full-stack developer to join our growing team – a big thinker and a big builder in equal parts, who can push the boundaries of what we can deliver.
For an idea of what to expect, here’s a sample from our last year:
React.js, CSS Modules, Webpack, Stylelint, ESLint, Prettify, Cypress, Storybook, WebGL, React Native
Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker, Hashicorp Vault, OWasp ZAP, Google Cloud Run, Serverless framework, AWS Lambda, API Gateway (python, golang, node.js)
Test Driven Development, Design Systems, Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery, Pair Programming, Business Model Canvas, Lean Startup
- Have at least 5 years experience working in high-performing agile teams
- Have built - within the last five years - complex applications and services on any kind of infrastructure, in at least one of python, node.js or Go
- Know when and where to apply design and architectural patterns, and are able to come up with clever solutions to difficult problems
- Are constantly thinking about how software development can be improved, both in terms of code, practices and process
- Are curious about the business of technology, with an understanding of how products go to market, and what makes some fail and others succeed
- Can communicate in both the most complex of terms (where technical language can help understanding among techies) and the simplest of terms (when the relatability of an idea to a non-techie is paramount)
- Co-owning the successful delivery of technical solutions across front-end web and mobile apps, back-end services, served on scalable cloud-based infrastructure
- Pair-programming, reviewing and communicating successfully with team members and further afield
- Interacting with clients regularly to achieve the best possible result
- Evaluating new technology and making recommendations on technological solutions
- Improving planning, estimation, process and development methodologies (agile or otherwise)
You’ll have a powerful voice in a young and talented technology department and be involved in product decisions that will contribute to the success of the company.
- Flexible Work Culture
- Most choose the office first with regular work-from-home days
- Fully remote working is an option
- Note: During the Covid-19 lockdown - and until individuals are comfortable returning - all work is remotel. You will not be expected to put yourself at risk, and for as long as government restrictions or advice are in place Danger Farms will interpret them in employees’ best interests.
- Access to tech conferences and up-skilling
- Chance to speak at any conferences you might desire
- Company computer, free coffee, the usual stuff!
Salary is on a case-by-case basis dependent on experience though we’ll mention our intentions right away so you aren’t left guessing.
If you enjoy a challenge, take huge pride in what you deliver, and want to shape a small company’s direction, we would love to hear from you.