We are Monavate. A collective of fintech industry experts with a single unified vision: to create the world’s fastest and simplest way for challenger banks, card programmes and payments products to gain competitor differentiating speed-to-market in an otherwise confusing, slow and highly regulated industry.
We know the current system isn’t fit to do this. It’s why we exist.
Decades of combined fintech expertise, with some of the industry’s major players has taught us that the current industry ‘norm’ just isn’t good enough. In a world where ideas come fast, but competition moves faster, we want (and need) to innovate. It’s in our name. And it’s why we believe the future of the worlds soon to be largest fintechs starts with us.
If you believe in challenging the status quo as much as we do, keep reading.
What we need
- 3 years or more implementation manager experience in financial services and/or fintech, reporting to the Chief Legal and Compliance Officer
- Strong knowledge in Issuing and ATM acquiring sector
- Strong card scheme knowledge including but not limited to Visa and Mastercard
- A team player with the ability to ‘go-beyond’ in an organisation with high growth ambitions
- Ability to work in an agile and fast paced industry and working environment
- Aspiration to grow with the company
- Design and oversee the audit framework with issuing and acquiring customers
- Plan, coordinate and execute audits of customers, partners, programme managers and processors
- Complete audits and assessments with respect to BIN sponsorship agreement, Card scheme rules adherence and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations
- Identify gaps, communicate any observations noted and review responses so that a positive working relationship with customers, partners, programme managers and processors is maintained
- Prepare detailed audit reports, review of responses and audit closure
- Report auditing findings and recommendations to Chief Legal and Compliance Officer
- Maintain strong and open relationship with other functions and senior management within the business to maximise co-operation and trust, and minimise oversight activity
- Ensure that audit findings and actions are addressed in timely manner
- Provide support in an advisory capacity across the organisation with respect to specialist skills, expertise and knowledge
- Identify opportunities to add value to the business through the utilisation of audit skills, ensuring that such work is performed in a way which does not conflict with audit independence
- Ensure concerns regarding risk of fraud, AML and Card Scheme rules violations are drawn to the attention of colleagues and senior management
- Plan, execute and complete internal audits, including the preparation of internal audit reports and progression of audit actions where appropriate
- Ensure that the business remains in compliance to Card Schemes rules and regulatory requirements
- Liaising with external organisations and regulators with regard to information request
- Liaising closely with external auditors to ensure that they can place maximum reliance on the work of compliance/internal audit, thereby mitigating external audit fee
- Develop reporting for MI from our Customers
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to Payments, E-Money and Payment Card Schemes
- Keeping up with legal requirements and applicable changes to local laws that apply to the establishment
- Incorporate emerging regulatory and compliance risks into audit programmes as appropriate