Your.MD is now looking for an accomplished senior health content manager to join its ambitious team. This newly-created role will be responsible for project-managing the production of all of Your.MD’s copy and messaging, and ensuring uniformity of style and tone of voice across all content produced.
At Your.MD, we believe everyone should have the information they need to look after their health. Five years ago, we brought together doctors, data-scientists and digital experts to create a new type of health app. One where anyone in the world could find personalised, medically-approved guidance, tools and support to help them feel better and stay healthy.
Millions of downloads later, we’re the first app approved as a medical device (Class 1), on our way to our goal: helping one billion people find their health.
Backed by philanthropists and major corporations, our team is now 80-strong and growing, as we find new ways to bring informed self-care to all, especially in the era of coronavirus.
This is a full-time in-house role. If you join us, you’ll get to:
- Oversee the production of content across all of Your.MD’s platforms (website, app, marketing materials and product copy)
- Ensure that all copy and messaging is produced to a high-standard and in line with Your.MD’s brand and quality guidelines
- Implement and manage a cross-platform content strategy - functioning as the key point of contact for the content needs of all teams
- Proofread, edit and sign off content prior to publication
- Work closely with our in-house medical, product, marketing and tech teams to project manage their content needs
- Manage our in-house content audit process to ensure clear documentation of all processes and timely review of all content
- Work as part of a dynamic team and carve your own space within a fluid working environment
This is a senior level role for an experienced content manager with strong writing, editing and proofreading skills and experience.
As such, you must have:
- 8+ years of digital writing and editing experience and/or previous experience in a similar role
- Meticulous attention to detail and an excellent command of the English language - you should be obsessed with spelling and grammar, but you also embrace new ways of using the language
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content that resonates with its intended reader
- Strong leadership skills and decision-making abilities
- Project management experience within a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent understanding of medical concepts and an ability to transform complex medical jargon into words that a lay audience can easily understand
- High levels of computer literacy with solid understanding of SEO best practices and content management systems
- An advanced degree in English, journalism (including NCTJ qualification), life sciences, or any healthcare-related field
Ideally, you will have some or all of the following:
- Experience managing, mentoring and motivating team members
- A self-motivated, pragmatic and innovative team-player
- Creative versatility to produce a wide range of copy, from UX microcopy to email newsletters, blog posts and corporate messaging
- An understanding of UI/UX and experience working with product designers and developers
- Curiosity fuels your creativity: you enjoy figuring out how/what in your copy works or doesn’t and use that to craft even better messages
- An exceptional opportunity to participate in the burgeoning digital health industry aiming to positively impact large numbers of people around the world – both where the wait to see a doctor is too long, or those with poor or no healthcare
- Work at the forefront of artificial intelligence (AI) development
- A competitive remuneration package including stock options, flexible working, gym subscription, and other benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are currently around 50% female / male and our staff come from 18 different countries.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, cover letter and 3 examples of your published work. Thanks