We’re looking for a sales support and campaign manager to join our growing team at Sifted.
Backed by the Financial Times, Sifted is a new media platform reporting on the world of technology and startups in Europe. Just a year and a half after launching, we’ve become known for our high-quality journalism and fresh viewpoints, and are a must-read for many founders, investors and others working in startups in Europe and beyond.
What are we like to work for? We have a small-company mindset, but big company goals, and can draw on many of the strengths and benefits of a world-respected brand, the Financial Times. We’re friendly, hard-working and passionate about what we do. We collaborate across disciplines and everyone has impact across many areas of the business. We value feedback, honesty and clear communication.
Sifted is undergoing a period of rapid commercial growth, and so we’re looking for somebody to join our commercial team to help us keep up. We work with a range of clients across Europe — from industry leaders to growing tech businesses, coworking spaces to events organisers — and have a growing selection of products. These currently include online webinars, sponsored stories, newsletter sponsorship and in-depth reports — but we’re continually developing new products too.
Reporting to our partnerships director, Helen Seidenberg, you will be an integral part of the commercial function. Once a sale is confirmed, you’ll be in communication with internal and external stakeholders to ensure client objectives and expectations are exceeded. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of managing a client campaign.
You’ll learn about all aspects of a modern digital publishing business, and as Sifted grows, there will be opportunities to deepen your skills in areas like data-driven marketing, content marketing or sales (depending, of course, on the business needs at the time).
You’ll be responsible for
- Overseeing the campaign diary and ensuring it is in good order
- Working with our editorial assistant Connor Bilboe to ensure that client assets and client content are delivered (or signed off) in good time
- Ensuring client campaigns go live
- Monitoring the progress of the campaign (including click-through rate and impressions) and be prepared to troubleshoot if you think the results are not as expected
- Being the point of communication for the client during the campaign, fielding enquiries and sharing campaign reports as required
- Drafting marketing copy (for events, webinars and reports) which can be used to communicate large-scale projects to our audience
- Working with our graphic designer to create assets for social media and digital advertising to promote our events, webinars and reports
- Proactively assist in running webinars and events (when we’re able to do them!)
- Raising invoices using Quickbooks and sharing them with clients at the end of the campaign
- Provide end-of-campaign reports and manage client invoicing
Who you are
- You’ll have a experience in a similar role in media/publishing, in an advertising / media buying agency or events management
- You’ll have experience using Google Analytics and/or other SaaS/campaign tools (such as AdButler, AdManager, ProjectGantt, MailChimp, Asana, Quickbooks and CRM systems) which will help you do your role efficiently
- You must be confident in learning how to use new SaaS tools
- You’re bright and possess strong business acumen
- You’re excited to work in a fast-growing media startup
- You’re confident, and enjoy working with lots of different people within an organisation
- You’re incredibly detail-orientated, and confident in juggling lots of tasks at once
- You love being busy, and are great at time management
- You have strong communication skills (written and oral) with experience in communicating with clients
- You have a positive attitude and can demonstrate excellent work ethic — we’re a startup and we are looking for people who will be instrumental to our growth
- You’re confident working autonomously but also relish being part of a wider team
- You have a genuine interest in the media and publishing sector and/or in the technology startup ecosystem (both would be a major bonus!)
What we offer
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home some days
- Weekly team lunches (virtual for now) and seemingly endless snacks (when in the office)
- Regular team socials… post-lockdown (eg. pub quizzes, dinners, theatre trips)
- We’re a startup — you’ll have the chance to have an impact across many areas of the business
- £23,000 PA
How to apply
Please send an email explaining why you’d like to apply and why you think you’d be a good fit for this role. Please ensure you attach a CV.