Megamac is quickly becoming the leading company for all things Apple in the UK. We are an e-commerce business that sells consumer electronics and specialise in user centric design and the latest technology. We’re proud of what we’ve built so far and are looking for a team player who is excited to join us and who can add real value to the business.
We work from a vibrant co-working space with excellent transport links near Old Street in Central London. The office is COVID secure, has a gym and showers, bike storage, free refreshments. Typical working hours are 9am - 5pm.
About the Team
Our culture is informal, hard-working and supportive. Our approach is fast paced, and we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things.
Our founder, Jonathan Clarke, previously worked at a number of financial institutions in the City before deciding to carve his own path. Jonathan is a King’s College alumni, computer scientist and technology enthusiast.
The Business Administration Executive is responsible for customer experience, logistics, operations, etc. You'll also be responsible for other ad hoc administrative tasks and contributing to ongoing business growth.
Although Business Administration will be your main focus, you’ll also get plenty of exposure to marketing, product, technology and other aspects of the business. You’ll learn a lot about business management, marketing, technology, and finance. You’ll be a key member of our team, and you’ll receive training, coaching and support and the potential to grow within the company.
The job is offered on a part-time basis (2 days minimum - 4 days maxmium per week) with potential to move into a full-time position. We are paying the London living wage, which is currently £10.75/hr.
Roles & Responsbilities
- Providing excellent customer service via Phone, Live Chat and Email.
- Order returns - Booking collections for customers and processing the return when it arrives at our office. Batching any faulty products and shipping to our supplier for replacement. Shipping any unwanted/unused returned products back to our warehouse.
- Reviews, responding to customer reviews on Trustpilot (we're 5 star rated!)
- Bookkeeping - Adding supplier bills & customer invoices to Xero. Reconciling batch payments from Amazon and Stripe to customer invoices.
- Logistics - Working with our warehouse to ensure inventory is booked in correctly and dealing with any issues that arise. Keeping track of inbound inventory shipments to ensure they arrive on time.
- Account Management - Opening new accounts for trade customers. Processing trade customer orders.
The Ideal Candidate
- Recently graduated, masters student or final year student.
- Essential Skills, Experience and Education
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Fluent in English, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Analytical and comfortable with numbers and data
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Pro-active, a fast learner and not afraid to try new things
- Passionate about new ideas, with a keen interest in culture and technology
- Interest in Apple and Apple products
- Comfortable working at a fast pace
- Adaptable and open to a start up working environment
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in customer service (Required)
- Working knowledge of Apple and related accessories (Required)
- Prior accounting/bookkeeping/finance experience (Bonus)
- Prior account manager experience (Bonus)
- Amazing work space in Central London
- Access to wellness programs and networking events
- Free coffee, tea and snacks!
- 27” iMac Computer
- 28 Days Holiday (pro-rated)
- Workplace pension scheme