Office Furniture Remanufacturing Company
Rype Office, a rapidly growing and award-winning office furniture remanufacturer and supplier is seeking a full-time permanent experienced Upholsterer.
Your principal duties will be reupholstering high quality used modern office furniture to as-new condition, and upholstering soft furniture designed by Rype Office.
This role offers plenty of variety because we reupholster most high-end brands’ soft and task seating. For example, Orangebox, Herman Miller, and Vitra.
This is an important role in the company because the successful candidate will assist in the development of new products and efficient upholstery processes. Therefore, it is essential the successful candidate is a fully qualified upholsterer with significant upholstery experience.
We have a great team of talented staff who are very good at their jobs who respect and support each other; you will become part of this supportive system.
The successful candidate will have the choice of being based at one of our manufacturing facilities, either Park Royal and/or High Wycombe, England, UK.
The salary will be consistent with market rates for the candidate’s experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants variety of work, is able to work independently and, most of all, takes pride in their work.
We will be relying on your expertise to problem solve and improve upholstery processes. Although you will be working independently on the upholstery work, you will be part of a team who is also working towards finishing orders within set timeframes in readiness for installations at a client sites.
Working in our upholstery studio, your key responsibilities will include:
- cutting, sewing and fitting
- Looking after for the upholstery studio, such as:
- overall cleanliness and tidiness
- ordering fabric
- advising on furniture repairs
- Keeping track of fabric and tool inventory
- Ensuring all reupholstering is completed ahead of time in readiness for office installs
To be chosen for this role, you will be reliable and hardworking, with a flexible can-do attitude.
On occasion, you may also attend client sites to assist with office installations and reupholstering.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about producing high quality work
- Be known for getting things done – and doing them properly
- Focus on the details – attention to detail is vital for our reputation
- Be a practical problem-solver
- Be well-presented and polite and considerate of others
- Experienced and formally trained in upholstering
- In-depth knowledge of upholstering including sewing and cutting
- Eligible to work in the UK
Send your application, comprising a cover note explaining why you are suitable for this role and your CV.