Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
Head of UK Warehousing & Logistics
Buckle up, this role is not for the faint hearted.
If you have a growth mindset, can think big, have run a multi site operation and want to be part of one of the fastest growing businesses in the UK then read on…...
Our head of UK warehousing and logistics will be a senior level management position taking responsibility for the UK wide warehouse and logistics operations covering circa 300k sq ft of warehousing with up to 300 people over a 24/7 operation.
You will be used to working in a fast paced ever changing environment and be able to clearly demonstrate strong leadership and influencing skills as our business goes through a period of rapid expansion and change, you will form part of the senior team that will be responsible for operational set up (Warehouse Systems, Process, People, Layout, Design) through to go live of a number of new fulfilment centres in the UK.
You will lead and manage our centralised UK logistics operation to ensure we are using technology and data to provide our customers with a world class delivery proposition.
What you’ll do
- Ensure each of our Warehouse’s is set up for success with the correct resource, skills, equipment and ways of working that conform to the group standards.
- You will have a clear and well communicated optimisation and CI plan for each of our warehouse’s and our logistics operation, you will think big and aim for world class.
- You will use data and technology to ensure that Gousto has a world class delivery proposition that continues to innovate and evolve.
- Develop the budget for each warehouse and for our UK logistics operation and lead your teams to deliver against the plan whilst regularly reporting performance back to the Supply Chain Director and the executive team.
- Managing our 3PLs to ensure delivery of operational targets to SLA and cost.
- Lead the carrier contract negotiation and tender process and tightly manage the carriers to agreed SLA performance.
- Agree, maintain and report on the local and group service level agreements and key performance metrics.
- You will work with technology and data teams to maximise visibility of the warehouse and logistics operations performance across the business.
Who you are!
- You will be a strong communicator and an inspirational leader
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast paced high growth business
- An incredible thirst for change, collaboration and innovation
- An entrepreneurial approach to solving logistics and operational challenges
- An ability to adapt and drive organisational change
- Excellent WMS / ERP systems knowledge
What’s it like working at Gousto?
All of us are responsible for the success of Gousto. Our guiding values - dream, deliver and care - show our commitment to innovation, our ambition to hit goals at speed, and our deep respect for the people we work with.
Be confident in your curiosity: think big, aim high and respectfully stand up for what you believe in.
We look for effective answers that will have a real impact, take initiative to solve problems and have a healthy impatience for change.
We care about our colleagues, customers and suppliers - they are key to our success - and about where our food comes from, the quality of our ingredients and our impact on the environment.
- Minimum IOSH H&S qualification
- Experience of leading successful warehouse start up projects
- You will have been a senior warehouse and logistics leader in fast paced high growth environments
- Excellent knowledge of carrier networks industry and best in class carrier / logistics technology
- Proven experience in partnering with and managing a 3PL relationship
- Group level budget management
Nice to have but not essential!
- National and International CPC
- Health and safety
- Spend vs Budget
- Staff engagement
- Stock accuracy
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.