Over the next 12 months, Lyvly will continue to expand rapidly in London, whilst building the playbook for international expansion in 2021. Given the growth journey that Lyvly are on, there is a clear need to hire a Finance Director, reporting into the CEO, Philip Laney, and leading the current finance team of three FTEs.
As the company continues to scale, the Finance Director will build foundational tools, design processes, determine the key financial drivers, and support the definition of the strategy.
Financial Planning and Analysis:
Understand the financial reporting needs of the organisation and inform the CEO, Philip Laney. Create and manage the business plan, reporting against performance monthly to the CEO and board Define the trading P&L and Core KPIs (LTV, CAC, working capital cycle, payback period, etc.) that allow the team to
perform effectively in their daily, weekly, and monthly decision making
Design and maintain short and medium-term cash forecasts to allow budgeting decisions to be made effectively Understand the financial reporting needs of the board and prepare the CEO with the required information Attend board meetings and update the board on KPIs, including burn, margin, and horizon Decide on cash investment strategies, considering ongoing liquidity needs
Determine the key drivers of the financial performance of the business, and design strategies with the CEO to support the MissionPrepare various analyses and reports required by corporate development, M&A, and future fundraising efforts• Lead all aspects risk management, working closely with the company’s General CounselTeam and Leadership:
- Manage and develop the current team of three FTEs to support the finance needs of the organisation. As well as hire and manage additional talent
- Bring deep financial expertise to company-wide decisions as a member of the Executive Team
- Actively participate in Board meetings to present and lead major financial projects
- Implement effective reporting systems and data presentation to ensure a good level of automation and a data strategy that serves the business at an optimum level
- Accounting: responsible for all accounting activities including the appropriate use of financial systems.
- Maintain internal controls and ensure that the finance team meets tax and audit obligations and is compliant and appropriately manages risk.
- Ensure timely, accurate and useful financial and management reporting to ensure the Board have accurate tools to enable decision making.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Cash and Working Capital Management: maintain a tight focus on cash management and liquidity.
- Ensure that the business appropriately manages risk and meets credit insurance obligations.
- Manage relationships with debt providers(e.g. private investors, banks and asset lenders).
- 10+ years working in finance
- 3+ years in a VC-backed start-up, having experienced at least one funding round (either as the No.1 or No.2 in finance)
- Strong modelling and FP&A skills
- Will have built (as a lead or senior position in a team) a finance function, rather than run one
- CIMA preferred over ACCA
- Experience in reporting to a VC-backed board
- Experience in designing KPI’s and accounts to support management and the board, pulling metrics together in a short
- period of time to support good decision-making
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of modern financial software and tools, and how to combine them
- In depth knowledge of relevant financial law and risk management practices
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, more than comfortable with complex figures and wider implications
- Start-up: will have operated in a start-up environment either as a No.1 or as a No.2 to a Chief Financial Officer.• G
- Deep Planning and Forecasting Experience: will have directly or indirectly owned FP&A, and have the ability to build detailed growth budget and models, etc
- Leadership: lead by example, be hands-on, and a leader that people want to follow as opposed to feeling obliged
- Culture: ambition, energy, drive, and team focused