Senior Operations Manager - King’s Cross
Our mission is to transform the spectacles industry for the better. From the quality of the product to the quality of the service whilst reducing waste along with the way. We want to be the pioneers in what has become a staid and uninspiring industry, proud of what we do, by doing things properly, and accessible for all, because we believe all humans are equal.
We are looking for a key management position in our growing company, responsible for operational functions which support all aspects of the business, keeping the cogs of the business turning. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance and Operations, you’ll build and develop a brilliant team and processes to bring best-in-class operations in the UK and internationally.
What you’ll be responsible for
Fulfilment: Delivering our spectacles to our wonderful, adoring and sometimes impatient customers – consistently and in record time. Managing a streamlined team which operates 7 days a week to ensure our product passes each stage in record time and efficiency. This includes:
- Manage, monitor, and constantly improve lead times.
- Ensure QC standards are always maintained, and order accuracy is 100%.
- Manage relationships with glazing partners, suppliers, warehouse partners and couriers.
- Overall management of the fulfilment team, setting weekly targets and reviewing progress.
- Constantly reviewing and improving systems and processes.
Glazing: Oversee our in-house glazing lab, as we seek to increase our output, reduce lead times and roll out our express service. This includes:
- Manage our Lab Technicians to ensure timely, accurate and efficient lab performance, with <0.5% rejection rate and 99% of orders meeting lead times
- Build out our express services to offer same day and next day glazing
- Liaise with third party glazing partners to ensure seamless integration with our own processes
Stock Management: Control our stock management to ensure inventory is accurate, organised and turned effectively. You will report weekly on KPIs and deliver efficient processes for purchases, replenishment, and stock counts.
- Sales KPIs: Stock to sales, run rate, inventory turnover rate, days to sell.
- Receiving KPIs: Time to receive, put away time.
- Operational KPIs: On-time orders, shrinkage, average inventory, return rate.
Who you are
- An excellent manager of people, excited at the challenge of building a best-in-class operations team
- Experienced in inventory control, planning, or accounting
- Supply chain and logistics experience with expertise in managing in-house distribution facilities or 3PLs
- Familiar with POS, inventory management, or ERP systems
- Optical experience preferred, but not essential. We’re looking for transferrable skills and a hunger for improvement, over an approach to doing things a traditional way
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Incredibly well organised and detail-oriented. An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- A genuine passion for spectacles, including their design and history
The most important characteristic
Alignment to our core values. You will be the type of person that always looks to improve things by finding a way that is simpler or simply better (Pioneer). You will be someone that takes pride in their work, always doing it properly even when you’re exhausted (Proud). And you will do all of this without ago, staying humble, accessible and empathetic (For All).
Some nice things you’ll get
- Complementary spectacles
- Bespoke holiday allowance
- Lots of company socials
- Unlimited fruit
- Monthly Yoga classes
- A personal aspiration and development plan
Contract: Senior Manager, FT, King’s Cross, £40-£45k year