Breaking The Law
LawAdvisor was founded in 2015 in Melbourne, Australia with a fearless and ambitious belief: that everybody should have access to justice.
We hypothesised that the high costs, inefficiencies, and difficulties of obtaining legal help could be overcome simply by providing greater access to legal information, and by providing everybody with real-time access to high-quality, affordable lawyers online.
Our mission has since been supported by thousands of lawyers, and has allowed us to expand and set up offices across the globe. We've also attracted high profile investors and partners who have shared our mission to transform legal service delivery.
We're still not satisfied. The potential exists to completely revolutionise the practice of law. The start of this decade has delivered LawAdvisor with a new mandate: to overhaul and transform how lawyers work, and how people interact with and consume legal services, with state of the art legal practice management technology in order to (i) increase efficiencies; (ii) automate routine processes; (iii) increase transparency; and (iv) bring legal practice to the 21st century.
An Expert Juggler
The product manager will help shape, influence and refine the design and further development of our products. You can work autonomously, but can work collaboratively with a team and our key stakeholders. You can navigate and filter the many requests that will be demanded of you, and can make the tough judgment calls about the key features of our products, which are primarily influenced and shaped by LawAdvisor’s leadership team and business requirements.
You’re never satisfied with a ‘good idea’: you will use all the resources at your disposal to ensure that these ideas not only materialise, but provide tangible benefits to our clients, our company, and in transforming the industry. To achieve this, you will work with the executive team, and will be trusted to build strong working relationships with our product, design, and engineering teams.
- Understand our business strategy, and help design and deliver truly transformational products that our users will love.
- Be the professor of our users’ “pain points”. You not only empathise with our clients, but you will be well versed in describing the problems we are trying to solve.
- Be able to identify the customers’ problems and clearly articulate the solutions to those problems.
- Design product roadmaps: your intimate understanding of our product suite allows you to create, plan and strategise solutions that can be delivered by you, and your team.
- Use quantitative and qualitative success metrics to define product success.
- Be at the forefront of our products’ different phases — from testing, to launching, and to maintaining its quality.
- Understand the legal-technology ‘space’ and the value systems that surround the legal service industry.
- Collaborate with our engineering, product and design team to ensure that product development and features move according to the established timelines.
- Use your expert leadership, organisation and executional skills to lead, engage and produce visionary work with your team.
You Should Have…
- Previous experience as a Product Manager, Project Manager, Engineering Manager, Design Manager, Solutions Architect or similar.
- 2+ years of experience as an Associate Product Manager, Product Analyst, Product Designer, or practical experience in development and/or launch of a product.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills: you are faced with a variety of situations so you need to be able to problem-solve and analytically think as the situation demands.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills: you are a central hub of communication within our company as you are responsible for synthesising the voices, needs, and concerns of our stakeholders, product team, and clients.
- Experience using client insights, data, and feedback in decision-making: your ability to analyse and understand them is a key to how we’ll make more informed decisions and continue product success.
- Experience managing and working with others: as a leader, to get the best work possible you need to provide feedback, promote growth and ensure happiness and satisfaction.
- The ability to perform data analyses: use quantitative and qualitative data in analyses to determine initiatives for elevating product productivity and impact.
- The ability to work alongside the rest of the product team but also autonomously as you take the initiative to do what is needed.
- The ability to build domain and industry knowledge quickly.
- Thrive under pressure.
- Demonstrated skill in UX, software engineering or marketing.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the development and launch of a product.
- Previous experience in a startup environment.
- Experience working with a remote team.
- Experience working in the legal services industry.
- A highly-skilled, driven and dedicated team.
- Competitive salary: we strive to always provide industry market rates.
- Remote work opportunities: our team is distributed across the globe and we enjoy the flexibility of working remotely when possible.
- Continuous learning and development: whether by way of conferences, online courses, or further study, we’re here to support your personal and professional growth.
- Company retreats: While Zoom and Slack is our operating system, our company retreats allow us to create long-lasting bonds with each other and to feel human.
- A direct line with our key users, and influential high-level stakeholders (investors, advisors, and other relevant members) to use as and when needed.
- Win and grow together: strive to become the best in your field and always seek growth opportunities. You are not afraid of challenges or afraid to fail because you have a growth mindset.
- Nothing is too small: you’re never too big to do the smallest things.
- Pressure makes diamonds: as a team, we train to win. You are not scared of pressure and embrace challenges and never lose your resolve.
- Continuous improvement: as a leader in the legal technology space, we will continue pushing through the boundaries to create breakthrough legal products.
- Teamwork makes the dream work: we don’t concern ourselves with office politics. There are plenty of opportunities to earn, learn, grow and succeed together.