You could be the iOS developer for PiPcall and end the global misery for people of carrying two mobile phones - one for work and one for home! Your mission will change the face of business mobile as we know it. You'll also give employees back the freedom to work and communicate seamlessly wherever they are, take control of their work life balance and save trouser pockets and handbag space!
As the iOS development lead, you’ll enjoy a role and be the voice in refining the existing app and user experience, road-mapping future concepts, and converting new product ideas into reality. You’ll also work closely with other development teams with cloud (Azure/.NET) middleware and telephony/PBX systems, so if you have an interest in the evolution of communications and the post Covid impact on remote or field based teams you'll like this idea.
Ideally you’ll have:
- Interest in or have encountered disruptive mobile apps or VOIP
- 2-3 years’ experience designing and developing iOS applications on a range of screen sizes and devices
- iOS app user interface design in line with Apple’s UI/UX guidelines
- Experience of preparing iOS applications for deployment to the Apple App Store
- Extensive experience of using an Agile development approach (e.g. Scrum, Lean, FDD) for rapid application development and release
Core Technical Skills include:
- Languages: Swift, Objective-C
- IDEs: Xcode (including Xcode 11)
- Technologies: iOS 10.0+, JSON, RESTful HTTP APIs, push notifications using APNS, (knowledge of Azure Notification Hubs a distinct advantage)
- Data synchronisation using Realm
- Use of Git for source code version control
- Familiarity with the best practices in iOS development, including but not limited to MVVM and other design patterns, inversion of control
Other Useful skills would be:
- Security; OAuth2.x, Auth0
- Cloud services from Microsoft Azure and the Microsoft App Center
- Automated test tools for mobile applications
- C#, .NET Framework, .NET Core, Visual Studio
- Knowledge of mobile telephony or VoIP
Your Day to Day includes:
- Design, develop and test the iOS phone application
- Develop, maintain and communicate the application architecture, functionality and visual designs, through presentations, documentation and regular review with the company’s management team
- Manage and resolve any technical issues and bugs with the iOS application
- Remain fully abreast of the latest changes in technology, with an emphasis on iOS, Swift and Xcode but also including anything that will impact our application on the iOS platform
- Configuration management of source code
- Manage the build process to ensure the reliable and repeatable production of deployable versions of the iOS application through continual integration and release iterations using TestFlight and the App Store
- Provide input into system documentation, particularly design artefacts, configuration and user help and “how to” guides
- Participate in the Agile/Scrum development process
What’s in it for you?
It’s a great opportunity to take, shape and potentially become a future leader within our business. You’ll also be changing the shape of business mobile, releasing IT Managers from the pain of managing mobile handsets and giving employees back control of their work life balance.
Our team DNA includes telecoms, media and even astrophysics with notable achievements (and patented) success in video-streaming, cloud-based communications and financial services software. We are a blend of grounded technology enthusiasts guided by commercially proven entrepreneurs who have successfully navigated both start-up and corporate worlds with individual journeys from dot.com to dot.cloud. We're kind of start up - but we're actually more spin out!
Our culture is small (less than 15 people) and dynamic where unorthodox ideas meet intelligent debate and growth mindsets make anything possible through proactive problem solving. We're moving to the city soon but we're currently in N12.
A full technical job description is available.
Your CV goes straight through to our CTO.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Circa £55K - £65K
- We'd prefer a permanent person, but we might consider a long term transitioning freelancer
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Work from home (most) Fridays
- N12 - North London Offices (but moving to central)
- We eat pizza!
PiPcall are not using external recruitment agencies for this role.