At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we’re united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won’t transform a business or save the world: it’s the people that count.
About the Cloud Engineering Line of Business (LoB)
The Cloud Engineering LoB is an integral part of an interdependent AND business, which balances the individual Lines of Businesses and the enabling organisation, plus teams such as the common services, alongside cross-company needs.
The Cloud Engineering Team is a highly specialised group of ANDis that assist clients with adopting cloud technologies, migrating data centres, and also providing full automation within the cloud environments. We aim to provide our clients with best practices, adopting standards, building client capability and enabling them to transform their organisations through the use of cloud.
Your Day to Day
- Working with our clients onsite, you'll assist in delivering complex Cloud platforms that have digital products and monolith applications for a range of different industries.
- You’ll be working with other Cloud engineers, who will mentor and assist in your upskilling.
- You'll build innovative web applications and software solutions with the latest technology and Agile development methodologies.
- You'll work within a high-performing Cloud team, which will allow you to gain use of many technologies, e.g. infrastructure as code tools and deployment pipelines.
- You'll represent AND Digital as an expert in Cloud technologies.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related areas of studies are preferred.
- Passion for all things digital, technology, with a preference for infrastructure and Cloud technologies.
- Ideally a one-year work placement or 1+ years of experience in Cloud, whether this is On-Premise Infrastructure or Cloud Platform Providers like AWS, Azure and GCP.
Cloud Academy Consists of:
- The Cloud academy is a learning pathway that enables you to build a set of skills to use on Cloud projects. It includes an eight-week programme that trains you across operations, service delivery, infrastructure as code, AWS, deployment pipelines and security.
- You will complete a project that enables you to use all of these skills so you understand the end-to-end cycle.
- The academy supports and facilitates your gaining of the necessary Cloud certifications and accreditations.
- You will create your own development plan for the year, with the support of your Cloud lead and exec for Cloud engineering.
- You'll have monthly check-ins with your Cloud lead to see how you are progressing.
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there’s nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here’s three key things to understand about us:
- We’re built for people - like, real humans. Not ‘resources’ or ‘staff’. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There’s no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That’s exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it’s business critical for us.