We are looking for a brand-obsessed Brand and Community enthusiast to join our fast growing marketing-tech startup.
This role is aimed at innate brand builders - those with a passion for building communities from the ground up. You will have probably had experience working for a brand, either building their community, online presence or network. You’ll most likely have a great interest in understanding what makes great brands great, be an avid supporter of the brands you love and are probably looking for a new challenge or way to utilise your knowledge and diversify.
At Duel, we specialise in Brand Advocacy - the art of fueling growth by amplifying the positive experiences brands create for their fans, customers and collaborators.
True advocacy only occurs when customers love brands, which means we are lucky enough to work with some of the most cutting edge, interesting and ‘coolest’ (whatever that means) brands in the world.
Through conducting research and consulting with hundreds of brands - we built the ultimate SaaS platform for running Advocacy Programs. The product is an Advocate Relationship Management platform with a gamified customer/advocate portal. With it, our Brand Partners (our clients) can build and manage bespoke Advocacy Programs to further engage with their community and harness the power of Advocacy.
The product was released towards the end of 2019 and has been growing rapidly since. Based in London and Bristol, the business is backed by venture capital.
We are looking for a Brand and Community enthusiast to join the team. Working with some of the best brands in the UK, you’ll be helping brands tap into their own communities and unlock the power of advocacy. Alongside this, you will be assisting the Duel team in building out the foundations of our own community of advocates that believe in our mission of changing marketing as we know it through Brand Advocacy and Community Building.
You will use all of the knowledge and best practices learnt from your time in the industry, along with in-depth training to really understand a brand's needs to help them best understand how they can turn their passionate customers into a thriving Advocate Community.
Working closely with the MD and community & network team, you will run workshops and masterclasses to assist and add value to the Duel community of brand builders. You will also be training and leading brands through the planning phase of their community building journey, assisting the sales and consultancy team in signing new brand partners as well as using your skills to refresh the strategy of existing customers. Simultaneously, you will work towards becoming a thought leader in the Brand Advocacy space, and growing this nascent marketing category.
- Work closely with Brand Partners and our community to deliver effective consultation sessions, by working to understand their needs and ideas to build strategies and Advocacy Programs on the Duel Platform.
- Organise and deliver appropriate thought leadership pieces (video, written, audio) with support from the content team.
- Research community issues to understand and address the needs of different customer groups.
- Use knowledge learned through working with brands, work closely with the product team to help drive Duel and the product forward
- Spread the word about brand advocacy and help the team create the category
- You’ll be an utterly lovely human being with a personable, warm and inviting personality - you work well in a team and people generally want to be around you
- Community and relationships are important to you!
- You have an interest and understanding of what makes great brands, great
- Solutions-oriented approach; ability to pivot conversations and recommend creative solutions
- Tech-savvy and comfortable picking up new interfaces on-the-fly
- Excellent communication skills: proven ability to articulate ideas and concepts in written form, presentation form in both pre-planned and ad-hoc scenarios
- A creative thinker who brings contrarian, provocative and remarkable ideas to the table
- Very curious and aware, you follow interesting people & projects, and use them to inspire you
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Decent experience with working for a notable community driven brand in community building e.g.:
- grassroots retail store community
- Senior social media
- Network building
- Ambassador management
- Proven interest and experience in brand building and marketing
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours and home working options - if you need to fit around childcare, want to work odd hours or need to do fewer than 5 days a week, we can make it work
- 25 days holiday (and we don’t really count) If you don’t need to be in the office, do the work required from anywhere in the world - Google Hangouts is a wonderful thing.
- On-going training where required
- Perks: gym membership, Headspace subscription and work-related or personal growth reading/Audible budget
- Options scheme for all full-time employees - it’s important to us that everybody owns a part of the company and shares in the benefits of what we build
- Competitive salary
- We’re trying to build a remarkable company, with remarkable people and a remarkable culture that you will want to shout from the rooftops about - in a relaxed, flexible and fun environment, the team is driven to making the business a success, while enjoying what we do and who we do it with.
Duel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know some folk tend to only apply for jobs when they meet all the criteria (Ladies, we’re looking at you) - if you think you might be able to do this role (or even grow into it), ping us your CV as we often pool CVs for other roles. Remember, if Kanye can think he’s qualified for the job of president of the United States, you’re probably going to be just fine.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Please send us your CV (no cover letters please) to the email specified on Work In Startups with the job title as the subject line.
(No recruiters, please! We would rather save the money and put it towards an awesome team day out. Also, no phone calls. Everything must be done by email. Cheers!)